filemaker 6 does not run on my MacBook Air

EricKoeweiden

Summary

filemaker 6 does not run on my MacBook Air

Product

FileMaker Pro

• 1. Re: filemaker 6 does not run on my MacBook Air
          davidhead

FileMaker Pro 6 required either Mac OS 8.6 - 9.2.2 or Mac OS 10.1.

It obviously pre-dates (by quite some time) the Mac OS 10.6 that your MacBook Air is probably running.

FileMaker Pro 6 has not been tested on the latest versions of Mac OS X.

TS_Oz, FileMaker Inc.

• 2. Re: filemaker 6 does not run on my MacBook Air
            LSI-FileMaker-Developer

We still use an old FileMaker 6 solution on a variety of systems on Mac and Windows.  Latest is Windows XP, which runs fine (Win XP is as old as FM 6).  Latest on the Mac side is 10.5.8, and everything still works as expected.  I have no experience running FM 6 on 10.6, but would not be surprised if it doesn't run at all, especially since a lot of legacy code was stripped out with the release of 10.6.

The best solution in my opinion would be to migrate your FM 6 solution to the FM 7 platform.  Not an easy task in many cases, but the benefits are there.  An alternate solution, and I'm not sure if this is possible, is to downgrade your MacBook Air from 10.6 to 10.5.

• 3. Re: filemaker 6 does not run on my MacBook Air
              EricKoeweiden

Having updated my system 10.6.4 I was happily surprised that Filemaker 6 runs swift and  fine as ever on the latest macbook air.

Thanks anyway for our attention.