1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 3, 2009 11:11 AM by TSGal

Filemaker 7 and Mac OS 10.5.7

student

Summary

Filemaker 7 and Mac OS 10.5.7

Description of the issue

Two weeks ago we brought in a new Mac running OS 10.5.7. We copied the Filemaker 7.0 program we have used for several years to the hard drive and found that Instant Web Publishing will not start after the computer has been turned off. We followed some advice on this forum and  reloaded the Filemaker after discarding Web Perfs and also the IWP program. Web publishing continues to work under the old 10.3 Mac OS.All but Instant Web publishing works well on the 10.5 Mac (older mac quad processor). When we reload filemaker, it asks on startup for a port number.  We have been using 591 as 80 is ocupied. But the program does not remember the port number after shutdown, which I think is the reason IWP does not start up. Are there issues between Mac OS 10.5 and Filemaker 7.0. We are not adverse to buying a new, updated Filemaker, but we would not want to have the sme problem then. Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Filemaker 7 and Mac OS 10.5.7
          TSGal

student:

Thank you for your post.

The first version to be certified with Mac OS X 10.5.x was FileMaker Pro 8.5v2.  FileMaker did not spend time with FileMaker Pro 8 and earlier versions to run on Mac OS X 10.5.x.

I was able to install a copy of FileMaker Pro 7 on my Mac OS X 10.5.7 machine, but I cannot turn on Instant Web Publishing, so I am unable to duplicate your problem.

The current version is FileMaker Pro 10.  You can download a trial version from our web site and try it out.  Turn on port 591, shut down and restart.  You will see that port 591 is saved.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.