10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2010 10:43 AM by TSGal

Filemaker 9 adv , 10 adv won't launch

cpurx

Summary

Filemaker 9 adv , 10 adv won't launch

Description of the issue

Both of these programs will not run with 10.6.3.Fm 11 adv will and fm 8adv,7, 6....Both programs ran in 10.6.2.What is up?

• 1. Re: Filemaker 9 adv , 10 adv won't launch
          Steve Wright

FMP 10 v3 Advanced runs just fine here on 10.6.3

Wild guess, do you have any plugins which may be causing the issue ?

• 2. Re: Filemaker 9 adv , 10 adv won't launch
            cpurx

Thanks for the reply, no plugins

• 3. Re: Filemaker 9 adv , 10 adv won't launch
              Steve Wright

Im afraid thats the only thing I can think of  :-( perhaps somebody else can chime in.

I have limited experience with a mac...

• 4. Re: Filemaker 9 adv , 10 adv won't launch
                TSGal

cpurx:

Thank you for your post.

I just installed FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced and FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced onto a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.3.  Both applications launch and I'm able to open files and make changes.

To rule out a corrupt user account, create a new user account, log into that account and launch FileMaker Pro 9 (or 10).  Does this work?

Was FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced and FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced already installed when you updated from OS X 10.6.2 to OS X 10.6.3?  If so, try uninstalling FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced, remove the FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced folder, and perform a fresh install.  Does this work?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Filemaker 9 adv , 10 adv won't launch
                  cpurx

Thanks, I tried FM 9adv on my laptop, no problem (OSX 10.6.3).

So I will sort out my MacPro.

By the way I did try the other acct(MacPro) and still didn't work.

• 6. Re: Filemaker 9 adv , 10 adv won't launch
                    TSGal

cpurx:

Thanks for the additional information.

Since FileMaker didn't launch in the other user account work environment, that eliminates a the possibility of a bad user account, and you can focus more on the OS or FileMaker Pro. Uninstall and Reinstall FileMaker Pro to eliminate the possibility FileMaker Pro wasn't installed completely/properly.  If you are still unable to launch, then you'll need to start looking at other factors in the system.,

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Filemaker 9 adv , 10 adv won't launch
                      Haifisch

Solved??

A couple of guys have no clue how to work with FM 9.03 and OS 10.6.3. http://forum-en.filemaker.com/t5/Report-a-bug/FM-Pro-9-cannot-start-on-MAC-OS-X-10-6-3-FM-Pro-7-can/m-p/60384

I tried everything (different user accounts, reinstallation, deleted prefs) and I will downgrade mostprobably my OS tomorrow as I can't do anyhing with FM right now.

• 8. Re: Filemaker 9 adv , 10 adv won't launch
                        TSGal

Haifisch:

Yes, there are a few people who are unable to run FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 on Mac OS X 10.6.3.  I have now tested this on six machines here, and all instances run properly.  I'm hoping one of our customers can provide additional information about their system to see what is causing it.  Do you have any plug-ins?  For example, users with 360Wiorks plug-in need to download an update.  Any virus detecting software?  What other applications are running on the machine?  Anything that will help me duplicate the problem or provide a clue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: Filemaker 9 adv , 10 adv won't launch
                          irritatedwithFMP

Yah, know, you don't know about the folders created by Macromedia on the varied FMP versions.

They started with 9.0.

It is not recommended to deinstall any version of FMP 9.0 onward, you cannot do so. 

How is that you work for filemaker and don't know this?

• 10. Re: Filemaker 9 adv , 10 adv won't launch
                            TSGal

irritatedwithFMP:

Thank you for your post.

I do not work with any Macromedia products, so I'm unaware of this issue.  As I look through problem reports back to 2000, I don't see anything related to Macromedia folders.

On another issue, I uninstall and reinstall different FileMaker Pro versions at different times to try and replicate customer problems.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled FileMaker Pro 9, 10 and 11 (as well as previous versions) without incident.  If you have a specific case that can be replicated, please let me know, and I'll make sure I get it forwarded to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments so they can review it.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.