3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2009 11:10 AM by TSGal

Filemaker 9 freezes with altered script

photomaven

Summary

Filemaker 9 freezes with altered script

Description of the issue

Window XPFileMaker 9 for Windows This is what I have as a script now Set Field [grads::CancelFindRequest;""]Go to Layout ["Data Entry"]Go to Field [grads: :Field Missing>>]Enter Find Mode [Pause]Perform Find []  This is what I tried as a scriptTo make FIND always default to theLastName Field Set Field [grads::CancelFindRequest;""]Go to Layout ["Data Entry"]Go to Field [grads: :Lastname]Enter Find Mode [Pause]Perform Find [] The program locks up after a few entry changes. None of the work I had done in that session was saved. What did I do wrong? 

• 1. Re: Filemaker 9 freezes with altered script
          TSGal

photomaven:

Thank you for your post.

The second script looks fine and is straight-forward.  You blank out a field in the current record (unless CancelFindRequest is a global field), go to the Data Entry layout and enter Find Mode and pause.  You can then enter your information and perform the find.

Does the lock up happen on any particular field?  What criteria are you entering?  What if no records are found?  Is error capture turned on?

Any additional information you can provide may be helpful in determining possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Filemaker 9 freezes with altered script
            photomaven

I start FMP with the new script.. it works for about 3-4 entry updates. Haven't noticed a particular field that generates the problem.  All fields are text.

I have no idea what error capturing is.

I finish updating one record.. click on the buttom for Find a Record it goes to the LastName field and I type in a name.  Without the script change if I do that Find goes to the last field I was using.

Does that help??

I did not write the database progam so I am not sure how else to answer.

The writer doesn't feel the script change is the proble, but it only locks when that script is used.

• 3. Re: Filemaker 9 freezes with altered script
              TSGal

photomaven:

So, you are unable to search?  Or, does the search take place and then freeze?  What is the last thing you see when it locks up? That is, do you see the new layout?  Do you get the find screen but can't enter anything?

Any additional information will help me narrow down some possibilities.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.