5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2010 1:25 PM by TSGal

FileMaker 9, 11, MacOS X 10.5, 10.6, AppleScript editing, german version

TBLB

Summary

FileMaker 9, 11, MacOS X 10.5, 10.6, AppleScript editing, german version

Description of the issue

Hello there, I am experiencing errors when editing an AppleScript within a FM script. Current configuration:Works:Mac OS X 10.5.8, german user OS account, FM Pro Adv. 9.03, FM Pro V9.03 (german version)Open a FM script that contains an AppleScript, edit the Apple script, I can save the AppleScript. Fails:Mac OS X 10.6.3, german user OS account, FM Pro Adv. 9.03, FM Pro V9.03, FM Pro V11.01, FM Pro Adv. V11.01 (german version)Open a FM script that contains an AppleScript, try to edit the AppleScript, I cannot save the AppleScript. Error message:Expected end of line but found """" Solution / Workaround:Add a Mac OS user account with english language frontend, try again with the procedure mentioned above. Example AppleScript:------ -- Get FileMaker global data and set variablestell application "FileMaker Pro"    set VARpath1 to cell "abt.f_default_folder_path_colon" of current record    set VARfsip to cell "abt.f_default_fileserver_ip" of current record    set VARfsvol to cell "abt.f_default_fileserver_volume" of current recordend tell-- Ping server, on positive result mount, on error show messagetry    set PINGRES to (do shell script "ping -c 1 " & VARfsip)    -- display dialog PINGRES buttons "OK" default button 1 with icon 2tell application “Finder”    mount volume ”afp://" & VARfsip & "/" & VARfsvolend telldelay 1tell application “Finder”activate    open VARpath1end tellon error errStatement number errNum     if (errNum = 2) then         display dialog "Cannot reach file server '" & VARfsip & "' " buttons "OK" default button 1 with icon 2     end ifend try ------- Please someone can try this if this behaviour is replicable? TIA and kind regards