2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2014 7:12 AM by SteveShiver

FileMaker Advanced 13 no splash screen and is SLOW to open ... Anyone else?

SteveShiver

Summary

FileMaker Advanced 13 no splash screen and is SLOW to open ... Anyone else?

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker Advanced 13

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.9.1

Description of the issue

FileMaker Advanced 13 has no opening screen and takes about 35 seconds just to open ... Anyone else? This condition exists regardless of other programs running or not.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Advanced 13 no splash screen and is SLOW to open ... Anyone else?

Steve Shiver:

Thank you for the post.

The splash screen has been removed from the launch process in FileMaker Pro 13 (Advanced).

With 8 (respectively) other applications already opened and running, FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced opens for me (regardless of the method used) in less than 7 seconds.

I tested dragging a .fmp12 file over the dock icon, double-clicking a local file on the desktop, clicking the dock icon, and clicking the application icon in the applications folder.

What are the hardware specifications of the Mac OS X 10.9.1 computer? Does this only occur with a specific file or a particular launch method?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Advanced 13 no splash screen and is SLOW to open ... Anyone else?
            SteveShiver

Thanks for the info, TSFalcon. I'm running a 2.2 GHz Macbook Pro 15". 4 GB Ram. 750 Gb drive. Takes 35 seconds to open FMPA regardless what's already open. Same performance across all files or when opening with no file. I suppose I could add more ram but not sure if that'd make much difference. (I'm learning to live with it)

Steve