1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2010 10:39 AM by TSGal

FileMaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files

VenuSankeneni

Summary

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 2003

Description of the issue

Our company brought file maker pro product. need to configure the database to use instance publishing on the web. Try to open a database I get the below error.

also need to contact filemaker technical support. they have phone number for Free support I waited an hour on line. No body came on line.

• 1. Re: FileMaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files
          TSGal

Venu Sankeneni:

Thank you for your post.

Do you have another instance of FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server on that machine?  Is this file on the local machine?  Are you able to turn on Instant Web Publishing?

I apologize for the long wait on the phone without being connected to an agent.  I have let my boss know of your experience.  If you should call Technical Support in the future, keep in mind that Monday (the day you called) is generally our busiest day since most customers encounter problems over the weekend and then call us on Monday.  The best days to call are towards the end of the week - Thursday or Friday.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.