Filemaker Charts - lines don't print

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v4

Operating system version

Mac 10.7.5

Description of the issue

Trying to print charts in a PDF.  The lines are so thin using Poly-line, saturated, solid Fill.  They are unusable.  Do I need to switch to google charts?  Can the line width be increased?

Thanks

Steps to reproduce the problem

Set up a chart 10in by 5 in then print it to a pdf, then print it on a high quality printer (xerox is what I use).  You can't see the lines

Expected result

the lines are thick enough that you can see them.

Actual result

You can't see the lines

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None.  Just need this fixed.

Configuration information

None

Workaround

I guess use google charts API.  Is there any other option that makes sense?

IMG_2032.jpg

• 1. Re: Filemaker Charts - lines don't print
          TSGal

Guy Powell:

Thank you for your post.

I do not have a "high quality" printer available to me, so I'm unable to replicate the issue.  The lines are appearing as expected.

If you print to a different printer, is the output similar?  If you print to a black and white printer, how does the output appear?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the contributing factors.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Charts - lines don't print
            gpowell@demandromi.com

Hi, Thanks, but as you can see, the line isn't thick enough and for my client, when they print it, you can't see it on a slight grey background.

So yes the line is printing, but I need to be able to change the line width.  Is that possible?  I'm not really ready to move to google charts :(

Thanks

• 3. Re: Filemaker Charts - lines don't print
              TSGal

Guy Powell:

At this time, FileMaker Pro does not have the ability to change the line width of a chart.  However, there are several plug-ins that give you this ability.  Doing a quick internet search for:   FileMaker chart line width

... I see postings for FusionCharts and 360Works.  I have not used any of these products, so you may want to investigate.

I also recommend that you enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database file that is hosted by Product Management and Development.  All entries are read, discussed and considered for possible implementation in a future release.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked on the form that only you can answer.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.