5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2009 10:31 AM by TSGal

Filemaker colours distorted

EDIT

Summary

Filemaker colours distorted

Description of the issue

Hi, When running file maker the colours are distored. They only seem to correct themselves if I give the program the same command twice ( e.g. if I click on "Find" twice) very strange. Is this a known issue and could anyone suggest anything that may rectify the fault. Regards

• 1. Re: Filemaker colours distorted
          philmodjunk
             More information would be helpful see this link for a list of questions that help if you can answer them: How to report product issues to FileMaker
          • 2. Re: Filemaker colours distorted
            EDIT

Hi, As requested here is addition information:

FileMaker Product(s) involved: FileMaker Pro 9.0v3
            Operating System(s) involved: Windows XP Professional SP3
            Detailed description of the issue: When file maker is opened (e.g. contacts manager) the form appears all grey however if I click on "Find" for example the colours begin to come back, If I click on it again the purple colour comes back completely.
            Exact steps to reproduce the issue: This occurs everytimeI open file maker.
            Expected Result: Form will be grey in colour.

Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue: Machine is a quad core HP workstation with Nvidia Quardro graphics card and approx 4GB of RAM so is at all a slow machine.
            Any workarounds that you have found: If I give the program a command twice (E.G. click the "Find" button twice normal colours are restored)

• 3. Re: Filemaker colours distorted
              TSGal

EDIT:

Thank you for your post.

Checking with out Support Technicians, no one has encountered this behavior.  I know that doesn't help you, so if possible, I'd like to get some screen shots, or ideally, a movie that records your screen.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the screen shots/movie files.

In addition, please download a trial version of FileMaker Pro 10 and see if you encounter the problem. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Filemaker colours distorted
                EDIT

Hi, As requested here is a screen shot of the problem:

http://img8.imageshack.us/i/filemakerscreenshot.jpg/

With all due respect we are not in a position to purchase a newer version of FileMaker to resolve a problem that the version we currently have (and have paid for) shouldnt have. I have already tried re-installing the program but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 5. Re: Filemaker colours distorted
                  TSGal

EDIT:

On my Dell Dimension running Windows XP SP 3, I am able to launch FileMaker Pro 9 and open the Contact Management.fp7 file without a problem.  All colors appear fine, and I have no distortion.

This is not something that existed in FileMaker Pro 9 nor fixed in FileMaker Pro 10.  I was asking you to try this in FileMaker Pro 10 and see if the same problem occurs.  If it does, then there is something in your system that is interfering with FileMaker Pro.  If the distortion does not occur with FileMaker Pro 10, then we can focus on FileMaker Pro 9.  Essentially, that would mean uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker Pro 9.  If I just told you to uninstall and reinstall, and if that didn't work, I still wouldn't know if it was a bad copy of FileMaker Pro or your system.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.