Summary

FileMaker Crash while managing ODBC external source

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OSX 10.5.8

Description of the issue

I am using the FMpro 11.0v2 demo version. I would like to use MySQL tables served from a Ubuntu server.

Manage Relationships shows the tables of a ODBC data source but then returns a
      "ODBC Error: [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.1.41-3ubuntu12.9]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''myodbcdatasource" at line 1

Trying again, selecting a database table (with '_') in the table name, crashes FileMaker Pro.

The ODBC data source tests correctly, i can select table content at will with SQL queries in other programs besides FM. A number of crashes have been reported to Apple. Please tell me if i can be of help?

A trace is available, but i couldn't find a way to attach it :)

Steps to reproduce the problem

see above

Expected result

see above

Actual result

see above

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

see above

Configuration information

OSX 10.5.8; FMPro 11.ov2; unixODBC driver

Workaround

None found

• 1. Re: FileMaker Crash while managing ODBC external source
          TSGal

fred haze:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

I'm able to access a MySQL table with an underscore in the table name (LINE_ITEMS), as an underscore is the recommended use for separating two (or more) words in a table name.  Are you saying this works correctly if an underscore is not used?

I do not know anything about a "Ubuntu" server.  If you install MySQL on another server, do you still encounter the same error?

I realize some time has passed, so if you have since found a solution, please post here so others can benefit.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.