Summary

Filemaker crash with Mysql ODBC Unicode driver but not with ANSI driver

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OSX Mavericks

Description of the issue

Connecting using the MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI driver version 5.03.0004 (32 bit) works fine. But I need a more extensive character set. using the unicode driver hangs up Filemaker as soon as I try to link to the database to import a table. The only solution is to to kill the process in OS X. I tried connecting by defining different character sets in the ODBC connection settings (utf8 and utf32, latin1). Tests with other programs shows that the connection works for those.  Is there a solution around? I formerly used ODBC manager but after a while this only returned three lines per request which made it useless for me. I tried connecting by defining different character sets in the ODBC connection settings (utf8 and utf32, latin1). Tests with other programs shows that the connection works for those.  Is there a solution around? I formerly used ODBC manager but after a while this only returned three lines per request which made it useless for me.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Reconnecting to the database

Expected result

no crash

Actual result

no solution

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

ODBC Log file (last part):

[000045.362932]
FileMaker Pro   A0F2D1D4 EXIT  SQLAllocStmt with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS)
        SQLHDBC           0x7bc89a60
        SQLHSTMT        * 0xbff8a1dc (0x814ebff0)

[000045.362940]
FileMaker Pro   A0F2D1D4 ENTER SQLExecDirectW
    SQLHSTMT          0x814ebff0
    SQLWCHAR        * 0x814eb7d0                    | SET SQL_MODE='STRICT_ALL_TABLES'      |

SQLINTEGER        132

Configuration information

Running MySQL 5.5.38 with MAMP 3.0.7.3

Outcomes