Filemaker Crashes when accessing external data source

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v4

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

Using ODBC to access a remote MySQL database, after having successfully setup the DSN, I go to the Relationships Tab in the Manage Database function. I select a new table to add (from the external data source). Sometimes the list of table from the external database show up in the list. If I select a table to add to the relationships, Filemaker crashes with only the Apple Crash Reporter appearing ("send report to Apple"). But most of the time, the tables do not show up at all.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1) Using Actual Technologies "ODBC Manager" (v1.0.8), I setup a System DSN for the database I wish to connect to. The "Test" button on its configuration page of that app shows everything is fine.

2) I go to FileMaker Pro 11 and start a new database. I use "File > Manage > External Data Sources...". In that window, I click "New", give the Name (no spaces or special characters), choose "ODBC" radio button, click "Specify" and choose the Data Source I created in step #1. I then enter the User Name and Password for the MySQL database access. Click OK, then OK again to get out of the "Manage External Data Sources" window.

3) Back to the Filemaker database, I choose "File > Manage > Database", click on the Relationships tab, click the icon to setup a new table. The Specify Table window appears, I choose the datasoure I made in step 2.

Expected result

I should be able to add the external table to the relationship window.

Actual result

If the list of tables of the external database show up, selecting one of the tables causes Filemaker to crash, with only the Apple Crash Reporter appearing ("Send Report to Apple"). But most of the time, the tables do not show up at all in the "Select Table" list in the Relationships tab of the Manage Database window.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error messages from Filemaker. Either Filemaker crashes or the list of tables from the

Workaround

None