Filemaker crashes when closing any db with active web view

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

10 Advanced

Operating system version

Windows 7 64 bit

Description of the issue

When on any database with an active web view.  If I close that database, Filemaker crashes.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Close FM with web viewer showing web content

Expected result

Closes normally

Actual result

Crashes FM, taking down all open db's with it.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Filemaker Pro Advanced has stopped working.  Windows is finding a solution.

Configuration information

No plugins installed, although these extentions are in the Extension directory.  I think they are default:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced\Extensions\FMSAUC.fmx
      C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced\Extensions\xDBC.fmx
      C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced\Extensions\Web.fmx

Workaround

Workaround: If I switch to layout mode when closing, the crash doesn't happen.  Heck, maybe I should make an exit script...

• 1. Re: Filemaker crashes when closing any db with active web view
          TSGal

Doug Higby:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  This is what I did.

1. On a Dell machine running Windows 7 Ultimate, I installed FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced.

2. I launched Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced, created a database file (Test.fp7) with a couple of text fields.

3. I entered data for one record.

4. In Layout mode, I added a Web Viewer and set it to "http://www.filemaker.com"

5. I returned to Browse Mode to see the data, and the Web Viewer shows the FileMaker web site.

6. I closed Test.fp7.

I am then able to open the same file again or select another file.  FileMaker Pro does not crash.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate the problem here.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.