5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 3:07 PM by philmodjunk

FileMaker Crashes when showing a webviewer element

patrick.risch

Summary

FileMaker Crashes when showing a webviewer element

Description of the issue

If a layout contains a webviewer element  FileMaker will crash on a Windows computer under circumstances not known to me. (Contacts fusion plugins in Christchurch for further information).  

• 1. Re: FileMaker Crashes when showing a webviewer element
          TSGal

patrick.risch:

I have a couple of Windows computers here, and I'm unable to make FileMaker crash when I have one or more webviewer objects on the layout.  If you find a way to make this crash on a consistent basis, please let us know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FileMaker Crashes when showing a webviewer element
            FileKraft

i experience the same issue - it works fine on the mac - fm11v2 access macos 10.6.5 and when i connect via citrix xenApp - which is windows it crashes only if i use the webviewer in a window displayed outside the screen real eastate. it can be demoed and replicated and crashed reliably whenever i run my startup script within citrix.

thanx 

uli

• 3. Re: FileMaker Crashes when showing a webviewer element
              TSGal

All:

Perhaps it would be easier if you let me know what you are displaying in the Web Viewer.  Specifically, are you using a static web page?  Are you using the Web Viewer to display a document?  Are you referencing a field in the Web Viewer?  Is this being viewed in Form View or List View?  Is there just one Web Viewer on the page?

Anything else you can provide to help me replicate the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker Crashes when showing a webviewer element
                FileKraft

ok TSGal - thanx for responding - webviewer implies for me web content - online content - i would have been more specific if not default online

html content. just some plain vanilla yahoo finance page . i am aware that the webviewer on windows doesn't show pdf s and static content

as the mac does - i am stating again - filemaker crashes on loading the webviewer in windows within a citrix install. also since you brought it 

up the pdf and static content just doesnt display but never crashed - i had this tested ..

thanx again for getting back.

regards 

filekraft.com

• 5. Re: FileMaker Crashes when showing a webviewer element
                  philmodjunk

What is the URL you are using? If you posted that, we could try to replicate the issue on our systems and the details of that URL might also provide TSGal and company with a further clue as to what the cause of the problem is.

I've used WebViewers with My windows XP system for both web pages such as this forum and Google maps without crashing. I've also been able to display the contents of PDF's and static contact as well.