8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2009 11:26 AM by dercatie

Filemaker doesn´t launch

dercatie

Summary

Filemaker doesn´t launch

Description of the issue

problem I have right now is that Filemaker doesn´t launch when I open it .... you know how can fix this problem?

• 1. Re: Filemaker doesn´t launch
          TSGal

dercatie:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, you don't have a lot of information for me to determine what might be the problem.

What version of FileMaker Pro are you using?

What kind of computer are you using?

What operating system are you using?

What other applications are currently running?

What happens when you try to launch?  Does it freeze?  Does it disable the computer?  Do you get an error message?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Filemaker doesn´t launch
            dercatie

Hi! my computer is a iMac 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, running with osx 10.5.6, and the problem is when I  launch the Filemaker Pro 9 it appears the option to open or create a nwe work, then I choise one and close inespertly... I open it just Filemaker Pro 9 , without other apps.

Sorry for my English, is too basical

Thx Very much 

• 3. Re: Filemaker doesn´t launch
              TSGal

dercatie:

Your English is good.

What happens after you try to open a file?  Does it crash?  Do you receive an error?  I need more information.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Filemaker doesn´t launch
                dercatie

Hi TsGal, how are you?

The app. dont tell me eny error, just close and tell me samething about inform to apple or just close and if I want to try again... then I opened the information anda appers this....

But I need same app to manage my coffee shop because I opened just in past Monday.

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Dercatie 

Process:         FileMaker Pro [488]

Path:            /Applications/FileMaker Pro 9/FileMaker Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/FileMaker Pro

Identifier:      com.filemaker.pro

Version:         9.0.1 (9.0.1)

Code Type:       X86 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [70]

Date/Time:       2009-01-08 10:45:39.249 -0400

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55)

Report Version:  6

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread:  0

Thread 0 Crashed:

0   libobjc.A.dylib               0x953ee68c objc_msgSend + 28

1   com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x9464d202 CFDateFormatterCreate + 1186

2   ...filemaker.support.framework 0x00fada41 Draco::GetICUFormatString(Draco::unistring&, Draco::FormatStyle, CFDateFormatterStyle, CFDateFormatterStyle, CFNumberFormatterStyle) + 329

3   ...filemaker.support.framework 0x00faf389 Draco::GetDateTimeBoolICU(bool&, Draco::DateTimeFormatValue*, CFDateFormatterStyle, CFDateFormatterStyle) + 67

4   ...filemaker.support.framework 0x00faf633 Draco::System_International::HourLeadingZero() const + 65

5   ...filemaker.support.framework 0x00fa98d5 Draco::Locale::Write(Draco::SwapOStream&) const + 127

6   ...filemaker.support.framework 0x00f85c35 Draco::Locale::Locale(Draco::Locale::Type) + 525

7   ...ilemaker.dbengine.framework 0x0126a749 Draco::DBFile::DBFile(Draco::UniversalPath const&) + 75

8   ...ilemaker.dbengine.framework 0x012fe2ec Draco::DBSession::OpenFileUser(Draco::RefCountedObjPtr<Draco::DBFileUser>&, std::vector<Draco::UniversalPath, std::allocator<Draco::UniversalPath> > const&, Draco::DBFileUser const*, Draco::DBAuthenticationInfo const&, bool) + 882

9   com.filemaker.pro             0x00756fa8 Draco::DBSession::OpenFileUser(Draco::RefCountedObjPtr<Draco::DBFileUser>&, Draco::UniversalPath const&, Draco::DBFileUser const*, Draco::DBAuthenticationInfo const&, bool) + 184

10  com.filemaker.pro             0x0019f21b CFMProApp::OpenDatabaseWindow(Draco::UniversalPath const&, FMError&, Draco::unistring const&, Draco::unistring const&, bool, bool, Draco::UniversalPath*) + 1005

11  com.filemaker.pro             0x004827ca CCreatePage::CopyOneTemplate(Draco::UniversalPath&, Draco::UniversalPath&, bool) + 988

12  com.filemaker.pro             0x0048545b CCreatePage::CreateSolution(std::vector<Draco::UniversalPath, std::allocator<Draco::UniversalPath> >&) + 673

13  com.filemaker.pro             0x00485b05 CCreatePage::OnOK(Draco::unistring&) + 163

14  com.filemaker.pro             0x0047ffda CStartCenterDlg::DoModal() + 250

15  com.filemaker.pro             0x001a2802 CFMProApp::AskOpenOrCreateDatabase() + 684

16  com.filemaker.pro             0x0031dded OMApplication::OpenApplication() + 21

17  com.filemaker.pro             0x002f6906 MOMApplication::HandleOpenApplication(AEDesc const&) + 90

18  com.filemaker.pro             0x002f897f MOMApplication::HandleAppleEvent(AEDesc const&, AEDesc&, AEDesc&, long) + 735

19  com.filemaker.pro             0x0031f707 MOMDirector::HandleAppleEvent(AEDesc const&, AEDesc&, long) + 297

20  com.filemaker.pro             0x0031f3ed MOMDirector::AppleEventHandler(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*, long) + 75

21  com.apple.AE                   0x9119c648 aeDispatchAppleEvent(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*, unsigned long, unsigned char*) + 144

22  com.apple.AE                   0x9119c57e dispatchEventAndSendReply(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*) + 44

23  com.apple.AE                   0x9119c425 aeProcessAppleEvent + 177

24  com.apple.HIToolbox           0x900709a5 AEProcessAppleEvent + 38

25  com.filemaker.pro             0x0019de48 CFMProApp::InitInstance() + 2490

26  com.filemaker.pro             0x0002f3af CMacApp::Main() + 39

27  com.filemaker.pro             0x00199201 main + 33

28  com.filemaker.pro             0x000039ea _start + 216

29  com.filemaker.pro             0x00003911 start + 41

........ and more !!!!

• 5. Re: Filemaker doesn´t launch
                  TSGal

dercatie:

Thank you for the additional information.

I noticed that you are running FileMaker Pro 9.0v1.  Although it should launch on 10.5.6, I would first download the 9.0v3 updater from our web site at:

http://www.filemaker.com/support/updaters/fm_9.0v3_mac.html

Once the updater is installed, then launch FileMaker Pro again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 6. Re: Filemaker doesn´t launch
                    dercatie
                       Dear TsGal, I have the Filemaker 9.0v3 actually, not the 9.0v1... 
                    • 7. Re: Filemaker doesn´t launch
                      TSGal

dercatie:

I'm at a loss.  It should launch.

Do you have access to another machine?  If so, try installing on the other machine.  If it works, then you will have to determine what is the difference between the two machines.

It is possible that something went wrong with the installation.  Uninstall the entire application and reinstall it again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 8. Re: Filemaker doesn´t launch
                        dercatie
                           Dear GsGar... Works!!!!!!, I deleted everything and re install... and works... THANK U VERY MUCH!!!! You are the hero!!!