FileMaker fails to use Keychain record properly during Relogin script step
v9, v10 and v11
Operating system version
OS X 10.5.x and 10.6.x
Description of the issue
FileMaker logins normally work well with the OS X Keychain. The problem occurs if the Relogin step is used (we use it for automating authentication systems).
During a relogin, although the user gets a chance to mark the checkbox to store their username and password in the Keychain, and even though it gets successfully stored in the Keychain, subsequent relogins to not successfully populate the relogin authentication dialog with the stored Keychain record. The relogin authentication dialog is always blank.
Steps to reproduce the problem
* Create a database with two users, a completely unprivileged default user and an admin user
* Set the database prefs to autologin using the default unprivileged user
* Create a script that does a Relogin script step and set it to appear in the Scripts menu.
* Close and reopen the database so that it logs in with the default user.
* Run the Relogin script.
* Enter the admin user's username and password, and mark the checkbox to store the credentials in the Keychain.
* Close the database
* Verify that the Keychain now contains the credentials for the database
* Open the database again and run the Relogin script
* Note that the Relogin authentication dialog is not properly populated with the information from the Keychain record
The Relogin authentication dialog should be populated with the username and password from the Keychain record.
The Relogin authentication dialog is empty.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
OS X 10.5 or 10.6 (any version). Not sure about 10.4 (not tested).
FileMaker v10 or v11, any subversion. Not sure about v9 (not tested).