3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2014 8:58 PM by hi-voltage

FileMaker Go 13, Insert from Device Photo Library Hangs on "No Browse Mode" checked field

JohnDuncan

Summary

FileMaker Go 13, Insert from Device Photo Library Hangs on "No Browse Mode" checked field

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

iOS 7.1.1

Description of the issue

The Insert from Device [Photo Library] fails if the target container field is marked as non-enterable in browse mode.  The problem does not occur with other "Insert from Device" commands.  FileMaker Go goes into spinning wheel mode and never comes back.  I have only tested this on a hosted database.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Put a container field from the same table occurrence as the current layout on the layout and uncheck the "Browse Mode" field-entry checkbox in the Inspector.
      Create a button on the same layout that does:

Insert from Device [table::containerField ; Type: Photo Library]

Click the button.  Get the spinning wheel of death...

Expected result

Should bring up the list of images and videos in the iOS device's Photo Library

Actual result

Spinning wheel of death.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error messages.

Configuration information

Windows Server 2008 r2 running FileMaker Server 13.0v2 is hosting the database

Workaround

There are 2 workarounds.

1. Make the container object on the layout enterable in browse mode
      2. Use a script to do a Go To Field before doing the Insert from Device

• 1. Re: FileMaker Go 13, Insert from Device Photo Library Hangs on "No Browse Mode" checked field
          TSGal

John Duncan:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  Here are the steps I took:

1. With FileMaker Server 13.0v2 running on Windows Server 2008 R2, i launched FileMaker Pro 13.0v3 and accessed the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 file.

2. I added a new table, "TEST", with two fields:
                  Name (Text)
                  Image (Container)

3. In Layout mode, I selected the "Image' Container field, and in the Inspector, under Behavior -> Field entry, I unchecked "Browse Mode".

4. I created a script, "TEST", with the following steps:
                  Go to Layout [ "TEST" (TEST) ]
                  New Record/Request
                  Insert from Device [ TEST::Image ; Type: Photo Library ]
                  Commit Records/Requests [ No dialog ]

5. Using my iPad 3 running iOS 7.1.1, I launched FileMaker Go 13.0v4, and opened the hosted FMServer_Sample.fmp12.

6. I executed the script "TEST", and my Photo Library is displayed (16 pictures in my Camera Roll).

7. I select a picture, and the picture is placed in the Container field.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Go 13, Insert from Device Photo Library Hangs on "No Browse Mode" checked field
            hi-voltage

Hi, I am having the same issue - I cannot attach a photo from the library when using the 'Insert From Device - Photo Library' script step.

If I change it to insert from camera, it works fine, but it wont insert from Photo Library - all I get is the spinning wheel and nothing happens.

I am using FileMaker Go 13.0.5 with the iPad Air 2, but also does the same thing on the iPad 2.

However, unlike the original post, I have selected the container field so it is accessible in browse mode, but it doesn't work.

There is definitely some issue here with the script step.

• 3. Re: FileMaker Go 13, Insert from Device Photo Library Hangs on "No Browse Mode" checked field
              hi-voltage

Ok, I have found the problem - if you have a Freeze Window script step the problem I mentioned above occurs. As soon as I disable the Freeze Window script step, the 'Insert From Device - Photo Library' script step works, but it's on an ugly developer only layout, so the solution is to take them to a user specific layout instead.