FileMaker Go 14 crash

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Latest

Operating system version

Latest

Description of the issue

Hi, I have a Filemaker solution that works great on all FM13 platforms.  I use MirrorSync to keep my users updated both of-line and online. 

I therefore decided to test my application on FMGo14 as this is now out and some of the users might upgrade and it crashes.  I  thought it could be a server issue and upgraded the server to 14.  This did not help on the situation.  I then decided to test FM Pro Adv. 14 to see if this worked, and it did.  So this narrows it down to a FMGo14 issue

My challenge is that I now have an application with customers that cannot upgrade to FMGo14 as the system then i unusable and the file becomes corrupted.  I have tried to find out where or why the FMgo crashes but it seems fairly random during the script execution.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Run MirrorSync Script

• 1. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
          davisoly

Hi: Trying out new version 14, I am re-working an application developed mostly using FMP Advanced 13. Last night I experienced at least a dozen crashes, each one as I switched from Layout to Browse mode, after making layout edits. The automatic crash reports sent to Apple will serve notice of this behavior. I am posting this to see whether it is a shared issue, or mine alone.

Lynn

• 2. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
            TSGal

Brian Raastad:

Thank you for your post.

If your solution works with FileMaker Go 13 but crashes in FileMaker Go 14, then our Development and Testing teams would like to get a copy of your solution.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
              TSGal

davisoly:

Please post the header of the crash report as well as the crashed thread.  This will let me know where the crash is occurring in the application.

Does the crash occur in the same layout?  Or, does the crash occur in different layouts?  Does the crash occur with different files?  This will help determine if the crash is layout specific, file specific, or FileMaker specific, and that will help me know what plan of action to take.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
                davisoly

LynnThanks. I'll do better with my next crash report.

The crashes occur in any layout, it seems. I have noted no exceptions. I cannot determine whether it is experienced with different files, since I am only working with one, at this time. It may be helpful to know that the crashes have abated significantly since I began using the 'Edit Layout' and 'Exit Layout' switch at the top of the screen, instead of the Browse, Layout switch at the bottom. I was going frantic for a while, but things are much better now.

Lynn

• 5. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
                  davisoly

I looked around the Inbox and other areas and failed to find instructions for submitting a file. May I have a few more clues, please?

I can never find the mustard in the fridge either. Thanks. - Lynn

• 6. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
                    Markus Schneider

same here. Solution never crashed under Go13, crashes while a scripted layout change. Not everytime, about 5 times a day. Will never crash on Pro14. It will not crash on every layout change, but the source layout is a list, target a detail view, layouts are not simple, target layout has a trigger, a couple of popovers, hidden objects - all of the 13 features...

-> solved by adding a pause scriptstep before the layout change

I lost a week by trying to find out why - now, it's running rock solid as before, but that's realla not a solution (having to add a sriptpause)

• 7. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
                      Benjamin Fehr

but that's realla not a solution (having to add a sriptpause)

means you have to write a entire script instead of just assign a gotoLayout task to a button!

• 8. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
                        TSGal

davisoly:

The message for sending in the file was for the original poster "Brian Roasted".  My message to you was to post the crash report header and crashed thread.  This information will let me know what part of FileMaker Pro is crashing.

TSGal
                        FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
                          iCLINICIAN

I am experiencing exactly the same issue.  My solution in FM14 Go is bordering on unusable as it crashes all of the time.  I don't have the same problem in FM14 Pro Adv but as my solution is used on an iPad by 95% of users this is a real issue.

I am also finding that on occasion in FM14 Go my popover buttons are not displaying their contents.  This can include buttons used as part of a navigation system and container fields with associated icons used to allow users to capture images of clients.  The objects are still there as if you tap in the correct place they do what they are scripted to do, but all the user sees is a blank popover.  Not sure if anyone else has experienced this?

Could I please get the info on sending a blank copy of my solution to FileMaker for testing?

• 10. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
                            TSGal

Neil Manchester:

Thank you for your post.

Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send your database file.

TSGal
                            FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
                              TSGal

Neil Manchester:

I received your file.  Thank you.

After some extended use, I was able to experience a crash (although the icons in the popover always displayed).  I have sent the file to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
                              FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
                                iCLINICIAN

Thanks for getting back to me.  I will wait to hear back from you once the Development & Testing departments have taken a look.

• 13. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
                                  tdignan

Im experiencing the same issue.  Windows, FMS 14 server, The latest version of MirrorSync using FM GO 14 on the iPad.... GO crashes part way through the Sync process.  FM GO 13 works fine.  I have reported it to 360Works.  Any progress update on this?

• 14. Re: FileMaker Go 14 crash
                                    TSGal

Neil Manchester:

Testing was also able to experience the crash, and the crash log is very similar to another issue that Development and Testing have been tracking.  The symptoms are the same when switching between layouts.  The information has been sent to Development for additional review.

TSGal
                                    FileMaker, Inc.

1 2 3 Previous Next