pademo57

Summary

Filemaker Go asking for username and password

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Go_iPad 1.1.2

Description of the issue

Ok, I'm a newbie so this may be an easy one.  I have Filemaker Pro 11 on my desktop and Filemaker Go on my iPad.  If I connect using iTunes I can update/download with no problem.  When I try to connect using my host address it asks me for a username and a password. 
      I didn't put a password on my Filemaker database file.  So I don't know what or why it is asking for this?  Can somebody explain please?

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

The given account name and password cannot be used to access this file.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go asking for username and password
          philmodjunk

When you open it from your desktop it doesn't ask for a password? If so, anychance you are using a Mac with the password stored in keychain?

Also check File Options in FileMaker Pro and make sure that the file is set to enter Admin with no password specified if your file is set to be opened in full access without any password.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Go asking for username and password
            pademo57

I should be more exact.  No, it DID not ask for a password on my desktop (Windows). I have never put in a password, remember I'm a newbie, and now when I try to access the file from my desktop, it is asking for my username and password which happened after I tried to access it with my iPad.

Very strange.  How do I get in, if at all, and either get rid of the username/password or change it?

• 3. Re: Filemaker Go asking for username and password
              philmodjunk

See if "admin" as the account name and no password opens the file.

• 4. Re: Filemaker Go asking for username and password
                pademo57

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! That worked!!!

I was so frustrated yesterday that I removed my Filemaker copy from my HP laptop and re-installed it on my desktop and I have tried various combinations to see if I could replicate the problem on my desktop.  It has never happened on my desktop.

The reason I took it off my laptop was because HP has a "Credential Manager" and I'm wondering if that is part of the problem.

I've now removed the "Credential Manager" and I will re-install the program and let people know if I have any more problems.

Again, thank you, my development cycle ends at the end of the month and I HAVE to get this program working. 

• 5. Re: Filemaker Go asking for username and password
                  philmodjunk

Since that works, check File Options and make sure it is set up like this:

and leave the password box blank.

That's supposed to be the default setting on new files and is supposed to keep the password log in from appearing when you haven't actually set up any passwords.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you saw this only with Go and not also from your desktop though.

If you find that File Options is already set up this way or that setting up this way does not keep GO from asking for a password, I'd re-post that question in the FileMaker Go forum to see if anyone else has seen this issue.