filemaker go keyboard won't go down

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Filemaker go

Operating system version

go 12.0.3.47120

Description of the issue

It's a solution running on ipads, from a filemaker server.
      As a startup I do Hide status area and I do a lock
      I have layout A where all tab orders are cleared. (TableA)
      I go to layout b. (Other table B)
      Get some varibles
      Go to layput C (yet another table  C, but a table that is related to layout A, in a portal on layout A)
      Set fileds using the variables.
      Go to LAyout A
      Go to field ..... (A filed that is from table A)
      Commit records  (inclugind performe without dialog and Ignore validation)
      exit script

Now the keyboard should go down, but it doesn't
      It stays up!  And if i tab outside any field, it still stay up.
      if I use the ios tab to hide the keyboard, it still stays up!
      I then have to tab into a field and use the ios command to hise the keyboard.

It seems like , the commit records, forget to hide the keyboard.

It's a very big problem that suddenlty came after upgrading to filemaker 12.
      I never had this issue in fm go 11, using the same soultion.
      I have just opened the solution into filemaker 12, to convert it.

I hope you can help

Best
      August Engkilde

Steps to reproduce the problem

It's a solution running on ipads, from a filemaker server.
      As a startup I do Hide status area and I do a lock
      I have layout A where all tab orders are cleared. (TableA)
      I go to layout b. (Other table B)
      Get some varibles
      Go to layput C (yet another table  C, but a table that is related to layout A, in a portal on layout A)
      Set fileds using the variables.
      Go to LAyout A
      Go to field ..... (A filed that is from table A)
      Commit records  (inclugind performe without dialog and Ignore validation)
      exit script

Now the keyboard should go down, but it doesn't
      It stays up!  And if i tab outside any field, it still stay up.
      if I use the ios tab to hide the keyboard, it still stays up!
      I then have to tab into a field and use the ios command to hise the keyboard.

It seems like , the commit records, forget to hide the keyboard.

It's a very big problem that suddenlty came after upgrading to filemaker 12.
      I never had this issue in fm go 11, using the same soultion.
      I have just opened the solution into filemaker 12, to convert it.

I hope you can help

Best
      August Engkilde

• 1. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
          auguste

The issue seems to be related to global fields and find.

/August

• 2. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
            auguste

To be more precise:

if you do a "Go to field" (Without Select/perform) and that field is a global after a "perform find".

And that field is a is a global field.

Then you get the keyboard hang.

see the screenshot

• 3. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
              james_quiggins

Hello August Engkilde:

Thank you for posting.

I am having trouble replicating this behavior on an iPad(v3) and iOS 5.1.1 following the directions provided in your last post. Before proceeding I have a few questions:

Can you replicate this same behavior in a new sample file?

What version iPad & iOS are you using?

What are the system specifications of the FileMaker Server machine?

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.

• 4. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
                auguste

Hello TSwildcart,

It's is the latest version of IOS, Filemaker and Server. (5.1.1. -  12.0.3  -   12.0.1.178)

I have tried to reproduce the bug in a "new" test solutiion, but I cant'.

I managed to make it work using this find script instead: (I diabled going back to my global "serachfield" in the end)

But there issomehow a bug.

Best regards

August

• 5. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
                  james_quiggins

Hello August Engkilde:

Thank you for posting.

Since you are unable to replicate in a sample database could you attempt creating a new script that performs the same actions?

Have you attempted running recovery on the file to see if the behavior then changes?

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.

• 6. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
                    auguste

Hi again,

Sorry about the delay,

I jut tried to make a database recovery, But that didn't help.

I also tried to make a new script performing same action, but that did not solve the problem

If I could send you a mail offline, I can send you a login to the file. 

Best

/august

• 7. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
                      james_quiggins

Hello August Engkilde:

Thank you for posting.

Please check your inbox at the top of this page for instructions on how to submit your file.  

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.

• 8. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
                        james_quiggins

Hello August Engkilde:

Thank you for posting. 

I received your e-mail today but did not receive your file. I was able to replicate this behavior while investigating another issue. I ended up resolving this behavior by hard resetting the iOS device.

You can perform an hard reset by holding the home button and the power button together for about 10 seconds until you see an apple logo.

Please update me if this resolves your issue.

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.

• 9. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
                          james_quiggins

Hello August Engkilde:

Sorry for the delay in response. 

I was able to confirm your issue on an iPad 1 but not the latest iPad. I submitted this issue to development and testing. Once more information is made available to me I will update you.

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.

• 10. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
                            auguste

Hello TSwildcat,

Thank you for your reply.

I haven't tried on an ipad1, but i have the problem on Ipad 2 and 3 (new).

As I mentioned, you sometime have to use it for a while and repeat the action of, Taking a variable from a global field, using it in search, and afterwards going back to that global field, using go to field or insert...

As an additional issue we just realized, that after using the ipad for a while and after this issue occurs, where the keyboard won't go down, The email script also stops working. It the "mail færdig regning" script. That script creates a pdf in a temporary storage and mail it as an attachment. The script simple stops to attach the pdf, and the email is sent whitout the pdf.

Al in all, I have a feeling that there is something going wrong in the memory cache handling. Maybe it somehow get filed up, and does not empty it self as it should, then after a while it gets full and thoose issues occurs. - but thats just my feeling, i don't know how filemaker / IOS handle this.

I have tried to collect the errors, if there is any, both before and after email sending,  pdf creation, search,  and so one, but the "Get last error" on the ipad returns 0 , so there should not be any errors in the script.

I very much hope you find a solution soon, it's very anoying, and my customers are complaining constantly. I am sue this must be an issue for others too ?

Best regards

August / KONTROLRUM.dk

• 11. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
                              JoeStack

I would just like to add that i too have this problem. For me, i havea global field used for search on multiple layouts. When you type into it and hten exit, if it isn't empty, it executes the script. The global field is used in calculations in various tables and i use a find to pick up the records i want based on a field which has a simple boolean 0 or 1. To fo this i enter find mode and insert a calculated result and then preform the find. I then import these records into a results table. This happens on the hosted file on my filemaker pro solution. Then it navigates to the search result page.(i may have left out a step or two but i can send the file if that would help). Somewhere along the way the keyboard hangs up though as described above. I tried putting various commit records (some people say that deselects the field, so i thought maybe that would help). I've only used FM for 15 days, so it might just be my inability to use the program, but because someone else is having it to i think its an error.

• 12. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
                                auguste

It seems like the problem is gone away after the latest filemaker go update Laughing though i will have to do some more testing to be sure,

Thanks filemaker .-)

• 13. Re: filemaker go keyboard won't go down
                                  JoeStack

I downloaded GO today and have the most recent version and mine still has the same problem. I think i need to update filemaker pro though, i will tryi that but i still have the keyboard problem. I will post once i have updated filemaker pro.