Summary

Filemaker Go Last Invoice Appears

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

WIN 7

Description of the issue

I have a Student Order DB created for the Filemaker Go app.  Its working great.  However, when students open the invoice layout, the last invoice is displayed. I am only using this DB via FM GO.  How can I can stop students from seeing other invoices.

Expected result

I would like the option of showing an empty invoice layout and not show other invoices completed from other students.

invoice.jpg

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go Last Invoice Appears
          philmodjunk

Report An Issue is intended for Reporting Possible Software bugs. Questions on how to work with FileMaker Pro should be posted in the FM Pro Forum Section. (See tab at top of this screen.)

To keep users from viewing records that they are not authorized to view, you can set up Record Level Access control to limit their access to only specific records in the table. See "Editing record access privileges" in FileMaker Help and check out this particular sub section: "Entering a formula for limiting access on a record-by-record basis" for a description of how to set this up.

And a script can either set up your layout with a new blank record or a found set of zero records to keep existing records from being initially visible.