5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2009 10:02 AM by dbail22@comcast.net

Filemaker is very unstable on Snow Leopard

dbail22@comcast.net

Summary

Filemaker is very unstable on Snow Leopard

Description of the issue

I am very disappointed in the continued crasing of FM on snow leopard.  The latest crash occured when selecting to 'Recover' a damaged file.  I don't believe the file was damaged, I was just testing the recover process since I was have a LOT of problems with other files.  When done, the dialog box appears (blank) and then crashes.  My disappointment increases when finding out that there are a large number of reports both here and many other locations of problems with filemaker and Snow Leopard.  I believe that there is a problem with Filemaker and the changes in Snow Leopard file system.  The silence is deafening........  Why isn't there a better system of reporting bugs for people that cannot afford hundreds or thousands of dollars for 'personal' help..... I have spent so many years developing and selling people on the benifits and stability of filemaker up until this point. Sign me, Terribly Disappointed    

• 1. Re: Filemaker is very unstable on Snow Leopard
          TSGal

dbail:

I am able to run Recover on Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6.1) without any problems.  Since you are having "a LOT of problems with other files", then I would like to see one or some of those files so I can try to duplicate the problem here.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send those files.  If I can duplicate the problem, I will send the information to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Filemaker is very unstable on Snow Leopard
            TSGal

dbail:

Thank you for sending in your files.  Unfortunately, I was unable to make your files crash.  I recovered the files, recovered the recovered, added records, saved as compacted copies, etc., all using FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 Advanced on Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard).  I have detailed the findings and sent them to you via our Technical Support liaison.  You should receive that information shortly.  If you have not received an email by end of business day, please let me know, and I'll make sure it gets sent immediately.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Filemaker is very unstable on Snow Leopard
              TSGal

dbail:

Our Developers and Testers want more information.  In specific, what was occurring just before the crash?  If you don't remember, the next time you crash, please provide what you or the clients were doing.  It may be helpful to narrowing this down.  When this does occur, please send the log file(s) along with the explanation to the email address provided in the private message.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Filemaker is very unstable on Snow Leopard
                Vincent_L

You should check your fonts I'm pretty sure some are corrupted

and if using a non english versio, switch it to english 

• 5. Re: Filemaker is very unstable on Snow Leopard
                  dbail22@comcast.net

Tried this. Along with very many other options from zapping parameter ram to replacing pref to clean installation of Snow Leopard to clean installation of FM and on and on and on.