Source de l'événement :     Application Error
      Catégorie de l'événement :     (100)
      ID de l'événement :     1004
      Date :          16/05/2012
      Heure :          13:52:55
      Utilisateur :     N/A
      Ordinateur :     SRVFMP
      Description :
      Erreur de file d'attente de rapport : application défaillante fmswpc.exe, version 12.0.1.160, module défaillant fm.dll, version 12.0.1.160, adresse de défaillance 0x000a9ed5.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And FileMaker log :

2012-05-16 13:21:12     Noyau de publication Web     Informations     155.250.128.25:0 - SLN "/fmi/iwp/data.jpg?-containerlayobj&-lay=16&-index=878" 200 1128
      2012-05-16 13:21:28     Serveur Web     Erreur      [5492:5652] [error] jk_ajp_common.c (951): (wpc1) can't receive the response message from tomcat, network problems or tomcat (127.0.0.1:16016) is down (errno=54)
      2012-05-16 13:21:28     Serveur Web     Erreur      [5492:5652] [error] jk_ajp_common.c (1592): (wpc1) Tomcat is down or refused connection. No response has been sent to the client (yet)
      2012-05-16 13:21:46     Serveur Web     Erreur      [5492:5652] [error] jk_ajp_common.c (1953): (wpc1) Connecting to tomcat failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port
      2012-05-16 13:21:52     Serveur Web     Erreur      [5492:4896] [error] jk_ajp_common.c (1953): (wpc1) Connecting to tomcat failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port
      2012-05-16 13:22:06     Serveur Web     Erreur      [5492:5652] [error] jk_ajp_common.c (1953): (wpc2) Connecting to tomcat failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port
      2012-05-16 13:22:06     Serveur Web     Erreur      [5492:5652] [error] jk_isapi_plugin.c (1499): service() failed with http error 503

Catalina log is empty (0 kb)

Steps to reproduce the problem

Random issue...

Expected result

Working well ;-)

Configuration information

We try to reinstall twice from scratch FileMaker Server : nothing change.

Databases was upgraded from v10

It was working well with FMSv10_adv.

Workaround

To make it working again, we must restart IWP (or sometime, restart all the server because FileMaker Server Console doesn't respond anymore)...

• 1. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
          TSGal

Serge Berney - Kin SA:

Thank you for your post.

There were some additional ports added to FileMaker Server 12, so I would first review Knowledge Base Article #10672:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10672

I did notice in the above log snippet that port 16016 was down.  Do you have any other application using port 16016?  Or, do you maybe also have your previous FileMaker Server (10) accidentally running?

I would like to see the log file(s) to hopefully determine what is causing Instant Web Publishing to intermittently fail.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file(s).

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
            SergeBerney-KinSA

Dear TSGal,

Thanks for your answer, after check, nothing was working on port 16016 and FMSv10 is totally removed !

I sent log files of FMSv12.

Keep in touch,

Serge Berney

Kin SA

• 3. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
              TSGal

Serge Berney - Kin SA:

Your log files have been received, and they have been forwarded on to the appropriate people.

What are the users seeing when this happens?  Is there any error in the actual browser?

Have you tried running Recover on the files?  If not, can you run recovery on all the files and also send in those logs?

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
                SergeBerney-KinSA

We recover all files and I just sent you "recupere.log" file. By the way, we recover all files yesterday night and this morning, IWP crash 3 times !!! ;-(

When IWP crash, we don't know the result on client side because this is external (no known) users. But when it's down, we cannot reach anymore IWP page (404 error : page not found).

Could you telle me when we can expect a solution/workaround/... ?

Keep in touch,

Serge Berney

Kin SA

• 5. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
                  TSGal

Serge Berney - Kin SA:

I received the Recover log file.  I have sent that along to the appropriate person to see if anything is out of the ordinary.

I'll keep you posted.  Currently, we don't know what is causing your issue, so it is difficult to provide any timeframe.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
                    SergeBerney-KinSA

Dear TSGal,

If you need a copy of one of our database, please let me know, we can provide samples.

Regards,

Serge Berney

Kin SA

• 7. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
                      SergeBerney-KinSA

Hello TSGal,

Do you have any more information about this issue ?

Kinds regards,

Serge Berney

Kin SA

• 8. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
                        SergeBerney-KinSA

Hello,

Can we help by providing more information ? FileMaker Server crash about 10 times a day... So please update status of this issue.

Thanks,

Serge Berney

Kin SA

• 9. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
                          james_quiggins

Hello Serge Berney - Kin SA:

Thank you for posting.

I would like to gather some more information from you. Please check your inbox at the top of this page.

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.

• 10. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
                            fveisse

Hello TSGal,

Serge Berney is a provider for our company regarding that issue.

As our company has been installing a first time the Filemaker Server 12 Advanced version and as it started then to crash IWP randomly, we thought we did something wrong with the install and asked for help a certified Filemaker technician.

So we made together a second installation, but it did not get better with the IWP crashes.

We spent hours trying to identify the problems (changing the startup scripts and exit scripts, checking the iwp_auth and iwp_home pages customized for our clients, logging as we could our databases, trying to analyse logs and datas), but IWP was keeping on crashing, sometimes 10 times a day ...

What a bad image of our company in front our own clients ! Also we were no more sure of the reliability of the registered datas...

Then it seemed that our bug has been reproduced by the Filemaker technical team. It would come from a corrupted licence key provided for the Filemaker 12 Advanced version.

First we have been told to update the licence through the Admin console, what we did. IWP kept on crashing.

Then we've been told "Follow the deployment wizard until completed. If that does not resolve your issue perform a reinstallation of FileMaker Server with the new license key provided."

My questions are:

- How the bug has been reproduced ? Entering the database ? On exit ? Else ? We wand to check our datas, and eventually correct them, but we need to know where the bug interferred with our registration process.

- What does correct the bug: "Following the deployment wizard" or "Performing a reinstallation of Filemaker Server" ? Because we've been deploying the IWP with the new licence and IWP is keeping on crashing as well...

- Should we need to reinstall the Server: who is financially taking in charge this 3rd installation by a provider due to a corrupted licence key ?

Sorry for that public message but I tried to open a private thread (Ref 120613-000022) and I have been told to refer to that public one...

Anyway our problem is not solve for now (IWP keeps on crashing and our datas are not reliable), after almost 2 months now, it is getting to be critical for our company.

Regards,

• 11. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
                              TSGal

Frédérique Veisse:

Thank you for your post.

At the end of May, there was a confirmed issue with Instant Web Publishing crashing when also running Custom Web Publishing.  This was due to the license key, and although you didn't mention Custom Web Publishing, a new license key was issued in order this took care of the issue.  Since that didn't occur, that is why a new license key was provided.

The files sent in by "Serge Berney - Kin SA" have been looked over by one set of eyes, and has been sent to Testing and Development for possible insight into why Instant Web Publishing is crashing.  Either myself or TSwildcat will continue to keep you updated.

TSGal
                              FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
                                fveisse

Dear TSGal, Thanks for your answer.

Actually we are not using the Custom Web Publishing but only the Instant Web Publishing so I don't understand your message: the new license key provided is suppose to correct our Instant Web publishing problem (with a re-installation of the Server) or not ?

Regards,

• 13. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
                                  BrianBell

I am actually having a similar issue with IWP randomlly losing databases.  How do I request the replacement license key?

• 14. Re: FileMaker IWP crash suddenly (randomly)
                                    TSGal

Frédérique Veisse:

I apologize for not being more clear.

There is a problem with Custom Web Publishing and Instant Web Publishing running simultaneously, where Instant Web Publishing crashes.  However, since you are not running Custom Web Publishing, this issue does not apply to you.  The replacement license key only fixes the issue with Custom Web Publishing and Instant Web Publishing running simultaneously, so it will not correct your issue.

When more information becomes available from our Testing and Development departments, I will let you know.

TSGal
                                    FileMaker, Inc.

1 2 Previous Next