FILEMAKER MARGINS JUMP WHEN USING DIFFERENT PRINTERS

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11 AND 12

Operating system version

WINDOWS

Description of the issue

When I print on hp 6110 or hp 7200 officejet series the margins stay the same and the printed papers are perfect, but

When I take the filemaker pro template I've created to another computer and print the same page on and HP 1536dnf MFP
      Lazerjet printer the margins jump and pages 2, 3, 4 and so on down the layout are outside the margin lines,

The margins jump either up or down depending upon which of the
      aforementioned officejets I have previously printed on prior to moving to the lazerjet to print the same page previously properly printed on the HP officejet printers.

Can you send me a fix for this ?

Steps to reproduce the problem

I have taken the steps after loading the filemaker 12 or 11 into the computer hooked to the Lazerjet to address compatibility issues.

I have right mouse clicked on the filemaker pro shortcut and clicked compatibility issues and went through those steps, but the problem is not fixed.

please help . send response to DUNKLESPEED@AOL.COM

Expected result

I have not had an expert look at problem.

• 1. Re: FILEMAKER MARGINS JUMP WHEN USING DIFFERENT PRINTERS
          philmodjunk

Have you specified margins for your layouts on the printing tab in Layout Setup... for your layouts?

Each printer can be different in how close it can print to the edges of the paper. This is dependent on each printer so they can and do change with each printer you might choose to use unless you specify a margin for the layout. Top margins of at least 0.5 inches for the top and at least 0.6" for the bottom should result in a layout that will print the same for every plain paper printer you might choose to use.