2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2009 4:30 AM by MarkAB

Filemaker Print Freeze

MarkAB

Summary

Filemaker Print Freeze

Description of the issue

No matter what Database I use, either one that has worked for years or even a blank new one, Filemaker just will not print and freezes up. This was happening on my old laptop using Filemaker 7 and is still happening with my new laptop, using Filemaker 8. I have uninstalled all printers and still not joy, it will not even let me go to print a pdf, once I click Print, the software freezes. Has anyone else experience this and is there a simple solution.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Print Freeze
          TSGal

MarkAB:

Thank you for your post.

Needless to say, this shouldn't be happening.  I know that doesn't help you, so I'll need some additional information before I can help you further.

What kind of laptop are you using?

What operating system are you using?  What version of the operating system? 

What kind of printer are you using?

Is there a printer driver versions available?

Are you able to pull down the File menu and select "Save/Send Records As... -> PDF"?  If so, does that work?

Any additional information you can provide may help narrow the possibilities further.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Filemaker Print Freeze
            MarkAB
               Thanks for the reply, I have now solved the issue by uninstalling another package, Adobe Premier Pro CS3, which also seemed to be affecting Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Outlook, which also freezed up when trying to print.