Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v3

Operating system version

windows 8.1

Description of the issue

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/0e7241f1b9

if & symbol appears atleast twice in one line in a pop up value list. From the second symbol on the line it doubles the & symbol therefore not appearing correctly. The data entered in the text field is correct, the issue is only on the display

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create a text field with a pop up value list and enter this text in the "Use Custom Values"
      First & Second & Three &&& Four &&&& one more &

When viewed in browse mode from "second" symbol it displays incorrectly.

Expected result

Same amount of symbols entered. It should not be doubled on the display.

Actual result

Doubling the display

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

First & Second & Three &&& Four &&&& one more &
      appears
      First & Second && Three &&&&&& Four &&&&&&&& one more &&

• 1. Re: FileMaker Pro
          TSGal

johndoe:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. On a Windows 8.1 machine, I launched FileMaker Pro 13.0v3.

2. I created a new database file "a.fmp12" with one Text field named "Text".

3. In Layout Mode, I set the formatting for "Text" as a Drop Down List, creating a Value List with a custom value "First & Second & Third &&& Fourth &&&& One more &".

4. In Browse Mode, I added a new record, selected the value from the value list, and committed the data.  See the screen shot below.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Pro
            jakes

Please change the drop down list to a pop up list and you will see the error.

The error only occurs with a pop up list and it is only the display, when you sect the value the correct data is entered into the field.The display displays incorrectly.

• 3. Re: FileMaker Pro
              TSGal

johndoe:

Thank you for the clarification.  I am able to replicate the issue with a field formmated as a pop-up menu under Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.  The issue does not occur under Mac OS X 10.9.5 nor Mac OS X 10.8.5.

I have sent along your posting along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker Pro
                philmodjunk

I made the same error as TSGal the first time I tested this over in the other section where it was first reported. wink

An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.

• 5. Re: FileMaker Pro
                  TSGal

johndoe:

Our Testers were able to replicate the issue only with a field formatted as a pop-up menu under Windows.  The information has been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.