FileMaker Pro

MorganJones-OnePartHarmony

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

When opening the Manage Scripts window, the cursor is no longer automatically positioned in the "search" field (in upper right-hand portion of window) so that one can easily begin typing the first few characters of the desired script name.

This works properly on Mac OS X in FM 11 & 12, but is broken on Windows in FM 12.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Select "Manage Scripts..." from the "Scripts" menu

Expected result

Cursor would be placed in the empty "search" field in the upper right-hand corner of window.

Actual result

Cursor is not placed in the empty "search" field in the upper right-hand corner of window.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

n/a

Configuration information

n/a

• 1. Re: FileMaker Pro
          TSGal

Morgan Jones - One Part Harmony:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue under Mac OS X 10.7.3.  Under FileMaker Pro 11 and FileMaker Pro 12, when I select "Manage Scripts..." from the Scripts menu, my cursor is highlighted on "Show All".  I must press the tab key to select the Search box.  Any other information you can provide to help initally select the Search Box would be appreciated.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Pro
            MorganJones-OnePartHarmony

TSGal,

Thanks for your note.

This is only broken on Windows. (And by "broken", I mean the behavior on Windows should match that of Mac OS X.)

I appologize for my mistake.

And I am most grateful for your assistance.

• 3. Re: FileMaker Pro
              TSGal

Morgan Jones - One Part Harmony:

I have submitted this difference in behavior between the two operating systems as a feature suggestion, since this has occurred with prior versions of FileMaker Pro.  I would also recommend you enter this into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form are monitored by our Development and Product Management departments where they are then discussed and considered for future releases.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.