FileMaker Pro

PamelaHenry

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac 10.10.2

Description of the issue

Every time I try to print FMP 8.5 it crashes and asks if I want to sent a report.  ??? Any ideas please?
      Printer is Epson XP-620 on network cannot be hard wired.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I used the Apple key and letter P to print.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Pro
          philmodjunk

Is this a printer that you've been able to use with your solution without trouble in the past and now you are having crashses or have you changed over to using this printer for the first time and find that your file crashes?

If this printer has never worked for you (recent change over), then the printer's driver might have an issue that results in FileMaker crashing.

If not, create a brand new file with just a few fields and records and try printing from it. Does this work? if so, there's a problem with your file, not FileMaker. Try recovering a copy of the file and see if the recovered copy functions normally.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1. The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
          3. Recover does not detect all problems
          5. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          7. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

And here's a knowledgebase article that you may find useful: What to do when your file is corrupt (KB5421).