5 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2010 2:32 PM by nrobins

FileMaker Pro 10 crashes after playback of .wav file imported via QuickTime media inserter.

ryuteki

Summary

FileMaker Pro 10 crashes after playback of .wav file imported via QuickTime media inserter.

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro / Advanced: 10.0(although from what I have heard, it's been around since 7, I just tried the feature for the first time today)Operating System(s) involved:Win XP sp3(I hear this affects all windows platforms) Detailed description of the issue:After the following steps are taken:1. Click on "Insert > Quicktime"2. selecting an appropriate audio file3. playing the audio file After the file is played, just about any action taken will crash the program.  This is for audio files only!  Specifically .wav files in my case. Expected Result:The file doesn't crash.Actual Result:FileMaker Pro quits unexpectedly. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:Standard unxpected crash with option to report to Microsoft.Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:I have Quicktime 7.6 installed.  According to the help files, I need a minimum of 7.5.Any workarounds that you have found:None that don't require shelling out a lot of money for a complicated plug-in with features I don't need. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT BUG FOR MY PROJECT.  I HAVE A CLIENT LINED UP WHO IS A MUSIC PUBLISHER!!  HE WANTS TO BE ABLE TO USE THIS FEATURE THAT IS ADVERTISED AS BEING A PART OF THE FILEMAKER PRODUCT!!!!! Sorry for the shout, but this has been rather frustrating.  I really need to land this client!!! Thanks.