2 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2009 1:47 PM by johnoconnor

Filemaker Pro 10 line spacing printing problem

johnoconnor

Summary

Filemaker Pro 10 line spacing printing problem

Description of the issue

I am running FM Pro 10 on Windows XP and have come across a problem. When printing I am getting spaces between text (almost like double line spacing) even though line spacing height is set to 1 line. When I preview the page it displays correctly, but when it is printed out it has a space. I am using Arial font. If I change the font to Tahoma the problem goes away. If I change it back to Arial or even Helvetica the problem comes back. This file is a converted Filemaker Pro 6 database. Any ideas on how to solve?

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro 10 line spacing printing problem
          WoodApple

Look at your printer and the options for it. It may be using the "device fonts". I have had trouble with a few printers when using some fonts. Using the device fonts means that less information has to be sent to the printer but if your font is not quite the same as the one on the device (or is not on the device) it can have strange results. (had one printer print in WingDings instead of the Arial font)

If this is the problem, you need only unselect this option to correct it. (but this has to be for each user and cannot be fixed within filemaker)

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro 10 line spacing printing problem
            johnoconnor
               Thanks WoodApple, that appeared to do the trick. The strange thing is that on newly created database using FMPro 10 I did not have the problem but on just some of my converted databases the problem came up. Anyway, thanks for you help.