3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2009 10:45 AM by TSDiva

FileMaker Pro 10.0v1 occupies CPU displaying FileMaker Quick Start dialog without a cause

Walter

Summary

FileMaker Pro 10.0v1 occupies CPU displaying FileMaker Quick Start dialog without a cause

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 10.0v1, TrailOperating System(s) involved:Mac 10.5.6Detailed description of the issue: I just installed FileMaker and use the trail period to see what it can do. After startup the FileMaker Quick Start dialog is opened. At the same time CPU consumption of FileMaker jumps to 120% and stays steady at 78%.When I open the About FileMaker Pro... dialog while at the same time the FileMaker Quick Start is displayed, the CPU consumption of FileMaker drops to 6%.This also happens when I simply open the menu and leave it open. When I open an existing database and do nothing CPU consumption drops to 2,7%. When I open the menu CPU drops to 0%. When I open the About FileMaker Pro... dialog the CPU consumption increases to 3,4%. When I make an other application active with About FileMaker Pro... open CPU consumption remains at 3,4%. When I close the About FileMaker Pro... dialog and make another application active CPU consumption drops to 0,1%.  Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1. Start FileMaker 2. Do nothing when the FileMaker Quick Start dialog opens Expected Result:0% CPU consumption of the FileMaker process while FileMaker is waiting for user input.Actual Result:CPU consumption between 78% and 116% although FileMaker is doing nothing. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:I have a Macbook with a 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4 GB RAM. Its seems that I can't attach files to this post but I have a screenshot available. Also I created a snapshot of the process showing stack traces of each thread and saved it to a text file. Please let me know if and how you want to receive them. I inserted the part that looks to me the most interesting Sampling process 341 for 3 seconds with 1 millisecond of run time between samples2009-01-21 22:38:51.834 sample[385:1103] invalid frame pointer: 0xf02009-01-21 22:38:53.048 sample[385:1103] invalid frame pointer: 0x112009-01-21 22:38:53.131 sample[385:1103] invalid frame pointer: 0x2c2009-01-21 22:38:53.662 sample[385:1103] invalid frame pointer: 0x4Sampling completed, processing symbols...Analysis of sampling FileMaker Pro (pid 341) every 1 millisecondCall graph:      2060 Thread_2503      2060 start        2060 _start          2060 main            2060 CMacApp::Main()              2060 CFMProApp::InitInstance()                2060 OMApplication::OpenApplication()                  2060 CFMProApp::AskOpenOrCreateDatabase()                    2060 DoStartCenter(int)                      2060 CStartCenterDlg::DoModal()                        2060 CFMDialog::DoModal()                          2060 CMacDialog::DoModal()                            2060 CMacEventPump::Run()                              1968 CMacEventPump::PumpEvent(EventRecord&)                                1968 CMacEventPump::PreTranslateEvent(EventRecord*)                                  1967 CFMDlogBridge::PreTranslateEvent(EventRecord*)                                    1967 XDialog::PreTranslateEvent(EventRecord*)                                      1967 LWindow::UpdatePort()                                        1960 LView::Draw(OpaqueRgnHandle*)                                          1924 LView::Draw(OpaqueRgnHandle*)                                            1722 LPane::Draw(OpaqueRgnHandle*)                                              1721 LCQDControl::DrawSelf()                                                1721 CStartCenterLearnBackgroundCtrl::OnDraw()                                                  1645 XQuartzAccess::DrawResourceImage(__CFString const*, Draco::CoordRect const&, Draco::CoordSize const*)                                                    1455 XQuartzAccess::DrawImageRef(CGImage*, Draco::CoordRect const&)                                                      1449 CGContextDrawImage                                                        1449 ripc_DrawImage                                                          1423 ripc_AcquireImage                                                            1420 CGSImageDataLock                                                              1420 img_data_lock                                                                1410 img_colormatch_read                                                                  964 img_raw_access                                                                    964 CGAccessSessionGetBytePointer                                                                      964 faultBlockAcquireBytePointer                                                                        962 faultBand_cb                                                                          962 getBandProcTIFF                                                                            955 _cg_TIFFReadEncodedStrip                                                                              900 PredictorDecodeTile                                                                                792 LZWDecode                                                                                  786 LZWDecode                                                                                  6 __bzero  Any workarounds that you have found: None