FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 Updater Network Install Problem
Operating system version
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Description of the issue
Running the FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 Updater from a network share results in a corrupted install of FileMaker Pro on the workstation. Databases that are hosted on a remote PC are not displayed and thus cannot be opened.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. Go to a network share and create folders called FileMaker Pro 10 and FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 Updater.
2. Copy the contents of the FileMaker CD to the FileMaker Pro 10 folder on the network share.
3. Download the FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 Updater and save the file (fmp_updater_10.0.3.303.exe) to the FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 Updater folder on the network share.
4. Go to a networked PC with access and permissions to the network share.
5. Run Setup.exe from the FileMaker Pro 10 folder. Accept the default installation values and complete the registration/activation process.
6. Run fmp_updater_10.0.3.303.exe from the FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 Updater folder. Accept the default installation values.
The updater completes without any user intervention (other then clicking finish). The user launches FileMaker Pro (10.0.3) and is able to open remote databases (manually or via scripts).
After the FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 Updater has finished, a Windows installer dialog box appears. A second window also appears that contains information about parameters for controlling the Windows Installer behavior.
After you click OK in the second window, the Windows Installer dialog box goes away.
When you launch FileMaker Pro the splash screen confirms the new version (10.0.3).
When you try to open a remote database, the host name and IP address of the PC that is hosting the database will be displayed. When you click on the host, the list of shared databases is empty.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
There is no error message. Shared databases on the PC that is hosting the databases do not appear in the list.
FileMaker Host (Gateway SX2802-01 Desktop):
Windows 7 64 bit 4GB/500GB.
FileMaker Pro 10.0.3 with FileMaker sharing enabled.
FileMaker Workstations (Sony VPCEB1SFX/BIC laptops):
Windows 7 64 bit 4GB/350GB.
FileMaker Pro 10.0.3 with FileMaker sharing disabled.
1. Uninstall FileMaker Pro on the affected workstation
2. Reinstall FileMaker Pro 10 from the share.
3. Copy the fmp_updater_10.0.3.303.exe from the network share to the desktop on the affected workstation.
4. Run fmp_updater_10.0.3.303.exe from the desktop on the affected workstation.