Filemaker Pro 11 crashes when using send mail script

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows Xp - Windows 7

Description of the issue

Hi,

Since I updated our systems to filemaker 11 and MS Office 2007 SP2 or Office 2010, Filemaker crashes when using the send mail script.
      The script still opens a new mail message in Outlook, but when we then click the 'send' button, filemaker crashes.
      I have this problem with Outlook 2007 SP2 and Outlook 2010. both windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 are affected.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Tnx,
      Thomas

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro 11 crashes when using send mail script
          TSGal

Thomas Janssens:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem on my Windows XP (SP3) machine with Outlook 2007.

FileMaker Pro is only sending information directly to the Email interface, and then the email client takes over.

Try Send Mail using SMTP Server.  Does this work?

Do you have any third-party plug-ins installed on both computers?  What other applications are running on both computers?

Have you tried reinstalling FileMaker Pro 11 on the XP machine?  Are you running FileMaker Pro 11.0v2?

Any other information you can provide about your system environment may be helpful.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro 11 crashes when using send mail script
            dmacpherson

I am having similar issues.

I know this is an old post but from my research the problem has existed for some time and there does not seem to be an answer.

I my situation I have a number of Send Mail script steps that have existed in my applications for several years and several versions of FM.  Most of the script steps send mail without displaying the email client and they have always worked on both the Win XP, Win 7 and Mac clients in our system.

When I do not use "Perform without dialog" and the email client appears, if you complete the message and Send it without clicking anywhere back in the FM app, then it seems to work.  However, if you click back into FM before sending the email, the FM client crashes.

We use Groupwise 8 for email, FM clients are Ver 10 or 11 with a FM server 9 host.  The desktops are Win XP, Win 7 and Mac OSX

Thanks

DM

• 3. Re: Filemaker Pro 11 crashes when using send mail script
              TSGal

DMAC:

Thank you for your post.

I am unfamiliar with Groupwise.  If the Groupwise mail client appears when you execute a Send Mail script step, then I know Groupwise is MAPI compliant, so it should work (I'm aware this doesn't help you).  However, have you tried this with a different email client (Outlook)?  Does that work?  Does Groupwise support have any information about integrating with FileMaker Pro?

Anyone else have experience with Groupwise as an email client with FileMaker Pro?

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.