Filemaker Pro 11.0v3 unexpectedly quits and I lose data

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v3

Operating system version

OS 10.6.6

Description of the issue

Filemaker unexpectedly quits and I lose data at random times when I begin a new record. This happens several times a day as I try to input billing records. I  talked to a Filemaker support person on the phone (case id 110316-000177). He helped me check permissions which were definitely set up incorrectly, probably from installing Parallels on my Mac. We changed those and I was confident that would correct the problem, but it did not.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I can't reproduce it at will, but it always seems to happen when I start a new record. Sometimes it will happen one right after the other and sometimes I can get a pretty long run of up to 50 records before it happens. But then I always lose data.

Expected result

I talked to a Filemaker support person on the phone (case id 110316-000177). He helped me check permissions which were definitely set up incorrectly, probably from installing Parallels on my Mac. We changed those and I was confident that would correct the problem, but it did not.

Actual result

Problem continues.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

"FileMaker Pro quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application again. this report will be sent to Apple automatically."

Workaround

None that I can figure out. I have to "click off" each record to "hard save" it so that when it does quit, I won't lose that much information. But this really slows me down.

Filemaker_crash_3_3%3A16%3A11.png

Outcomes