Summary

Filemaker Pro 12 - Privilege Sets not working,

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows

Description of the issue

When trying to open databases via File/Open Remote, the users are not asked to login, or sometimes when it does ask them to login, the privilege set isn't working. They have read only access, even after I set it to Full-access. HELP!!

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro 12 - Privilege Sets not working,
          TSGal

Iva Brimmer:

Thank you for your post.

First, check the File Options (File menu) and see if the file is being automatically opened with an account and password.

Second, if the user already has a a file open with an account and password, when the user opens the next file, FileMaker will try to apply the same account and password to that file.

If still not working, let me know what accounts are active for the file, and what files users may have open where the account and password may coincide with the the file in question.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro 12 - Privilege Sets not working,
            IvaBrimmer

TSGal,

Thanks but I can't check the File Options because it is auto logging in without asking for username/password. Even for the administrator, I set the password, but didn't know to check File Options. Now I can't access File Options cause it isn't asking me to login. I am logged in with the other related databases with the same username/password...

• 3. Re: Filemaker Pro 12 - Privilege Sets not working,
              TSGal

Iva Brimmer:

The next time you open the file, hold down the Shift key (Windows), and this will override the automatic login and prompt you to enter an Account name and password.  Enter the full access account name so you can access the File Options.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Filemaker Pro 12 - Privilege Sets not working,
                TSGal

Iva Brimmer:

Your email was forwarded to me.  Thank you.

What version of Windows are you using?  Holding down the shift key as you open a database file will prompt you for Account Name and Password.  If you are using a Mac, then use the option key.

Also, try holding down the shift key and double-click on the database file itself.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Filemaker Pro 12 - Privilege Sets not working,
                  IvaBrimmer

TSGal,

Our machines are running Windows XP. The host is a Windows 2008 server. We are trying the shift key when opening, does not work. It seems to work intermittently.  I will try holding the shift key and double clicking the database on Monday.  I tried a bunch of times today and we were all shut out of any types of edits, we could view though!  LOL

Iva