13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2013 3:17 PM by gregswan

Filemaker Pro 12 hangs when attempting to use contextual menu on a field from a related table

gregswan

Summary

Filemaker Pro 12 hangs when attempting to use contextual menu on a field from a related table

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.8 and Mac OS X 10.8.x

Description of the issue

Filemaker gives me a spinning beach ball when I right-click a field from a related table to access the contextual menu to perform a sort. When the ball finally stops, I am given the dialog box that informs me the database could be not be opened, either the host is not available or the file was not available on the host. The file that could not be opened was, in fact, the file that I had just right-clicked! I need to go to the remote file on the Filemaker Server 12(Admin Console version 12.0.4.405), which is hosted on a dedicated Mac Mini(Mac OS X 10.8.4) on our LAN. Once I tell Filemaker Pro where the file I am using is located, it then requests the path to a 2nd linked database located in the same folder on the server.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Re-start Filemaker, open the file and right-click on a field from a related table to access a contextual menu.

Expected result

A contextual menu should appear, allowing me to sort the found set.

Actual result

Spinning beach ball and instruction to locate the file that is already open.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

The file “Our Database.fmp12” could not be opened.  Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host. then
      The file “Our Linked Database.fmp12” could not be opened.  Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host.

Workaround

The files have to be pointed to ONCE every time Filemaker Pro is re-started. There is no workaround that I have found.