Filemaker pro 13 32 bit error when printing on Windows 7 64bit

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0 v3

Operating system version

Windows 7 64bit

Description of the issue

When trying to print in filemaker on windows 7 64 bit there is a random error. I've tried win 7 32 bit and it works fine any other program works fine and the same db file prints on mac or win 7 32 bit and win 8.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Print from either a script or the print dialog it happens with our normal db or a test file.

Expected result

Printing works

Actual result

error and no print.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Title: Print driver host for 32bit applications

Text: Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working

a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program.

Button: Close the program

Configuration information

Have tried to run in compatibility modes xp sp3, vista and a few others.

Workaround

print from different pc's or save as pdf and print from acrobat neither are full function work arounds.

error.jpg

• 2. Re: Filemaker pro 13 32 bit error when printing on Windows 7 64bit
          TSGal

Denham Morgan:

Thank you for your post.

I have a Windows 7 64-bit machine with FileMaker Pro 13.0v4, and I'm able to print without any issues.

What printer is being used?  Do you have multiple printers?  If so, does the same issue occur if you print to another printer?

In your workaround, you mentioned "print from different pc's".  Do you have another Windows 7 64-bit machine available to you?  If so, does printing from that machine also have an issue?  If not, what are the differences between the printing and non-printing machines?

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Filemaker pro 13 32 bit error when printing on Windows 7 64bit
            dmorgan

Hi TSGal,

The Printers are a Dell Color Laser 3110cn and Dell MFP Laser 3115cn they are networked printers I have the latest drivers from Dell. The drivers are installed as part of our group policy, Filemaker is the only program that has these errors on the systems, I've had.

On one of the affected systems Event Viewer gave this error data:

splwow64.exe 
               4f35fbfe 
               dlxbazim.dll 
               50ab148f 
               c0000005 
               7a0 
               01d0133417492402 
               C:\Windows\splwow64.exe 
               C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\dlxbazim.dll 
               6d97e582-7f27-11e4-9725-00262d2402ea 

It also seems to be random in when it will crash the print driver sometimes you can print once or twice before it errors then have to restart filemaker or reboot windows to clear it. 

When talking about work around, the other PC's are not windows 7 64bit, all the win7 64bit pc are having the problem. I have tried printing to local printers as a test and haven't gotten the error but they aren't color or a viable work around for production use. 

After several web searches the fix is to update the driver, which this is the latest I can find on Dell's site and adjust the compatibility mode which I've tried all the xp and vista ones and that has not helped. 

I plan to try and remove one of the computers from the policy install and try it as a test but having to manually install printers to all the pc effected is going to be fun.