5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2015 11:16 AM by TSGal

Filemaker Pro 13 issues

JonathanBrostoff

Summary

Filemaker Pro 13 issues

Description of the issue

1.       The command-L shortcut disappears when I do certain things such as using Define Fields.  Fixes itself on restart.

2.     When in Layout mode, clicking on a field will not go to that field but to the top of the fields for that Table. It used to in Filemaker Pro 12 and below but not now.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro 13 issues
          TSGal

Jonathan Brostoff:

Thank you for your post.

Both of these issues have been reported, and our Development and Testing departments are aware of these issues.  The command-L (and other keyboard shortcuts) first appeared with Mac OS X 10.9.x, but it appears to be more prevalent with Mac OS X 10.10.  Several other forum members have also encountered this issue.  The last one being:

disappearing shortcut for "Layout Mode"

The second issue occurs with FileMaker Pro 13.0v4 (not earlier versions).  This issue also manifests itself with the Script Debugger not displaying the highlighted script.

I have attached your post to the original reports for each issue.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro 13 issues
            philmodjunk

Of course we are assuming that you are using a Mac system when we point you to that known and frequently reported issue. WHen you don't fill out all the info requested in the report an issue form, we have no option but to make guesses about your issue that may turn out to be incorrect.

• 3. Re: Filemaker Pro 13 issues
              TSGal

Jonathan Brosthoff:

FileMaker Pro 13.0v5 has been released, and the second issue issue where clicking the field jumps to the top of the table has been fixed.  The first issue with Command-L keyboard shortcut disappearing still occurs.  Please download the updater via Knowledge Base Article #14178:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14178/

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Filemaker Pro 13 issues
                Benjamin Fehr

Jonathan:

btw, there have been more than 360 confirmed bugs with FM 12. If everyone of this would have been posted as "FileMaker Pro 12 issues", TSGal, PhilModJunk and every developer who's starting his day with reading bug-reports would have turned completely nuts.

I'ld recommend to choose more specific Summary for the next report. wink

• 5. Re: Filemaker Pro 13 issues
                  TSGal

Jonathan Brosthoff:

Mac OS X 10.10.3 was released today, and this issue (disappearing shortcut commands) appears to be fixed.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.