1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 21, 2009 2:52 PM by TSGal

Filemaker Pro 5 Error Message: (file).fp5 is currently in use and cannot be opened...

ccfc150

Summary

Filemaker Pro 5 Error Message: (file).fp5 is currently in use and cannot be opened...

Description of the issue

Hello everyone! I'm at my wits end to this problem that I have. We've been using FP5 (for Mac running 10.4.11) for awhile now and I finally was able to convince the higher-ups to upgrade to at least FP9. My dilemma right now is that recently when I went to open up on of my files I got this error message: (file).fp5 is currently in use and cannot be opened. The file may be single-user, or the host could not be found on the network.  I have the data setup on our X-Server. I can open the main data file but I can't retrieve the files pertaining to that main data file – things such as benefits, vacation days etc. There is only one person who uses Filemaker. I have it set-up where I made an alias of the file I need to access on my desktop. By clicking on this alias it automatically connects to the X-servers and opens the file. With the ability to open up the file through the server, I assumed that it's not a network issues.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro 5 Error Message: (file).fp5 is currently in use and cannot be opened...
          TSGal

ccfc150:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Pro 5 is having difficulty opening the file.  Try downloading the file to your local drive and see if you can open it.  If it works, then you have a network issue.  Obviously, this worked previously, so something has changed.  You will need to do some sleuthing on your own.

Once you get FileMaker Pro 9 running, opening the FileMaker Pro 5 file will then convert to FileMaker 9 format.  Once this is done, you can put it back on the network and try again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.