1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 17, 2009 7:33 AM by TSGal

Filemaker Pro 8.5.2 crash when sorting

amcreatives

Summary

Filemaker Pro 8.5.2 crash when sorting

Description of the issue

Having an issue with a database created at my current job. I upgraded all the computers to Mac 10.5.6, and followed that upgrade with the update for Leopard for Filemaker Pro 8.5. Now crashes when I select "sort" when searching for an item.   FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 8.5 v2 (with Leopard Update)  FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 8.5 v2 (with Leopard Update)Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.5.6 Description of the issue:Crashes when I select "sort" when searching for an item. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Open a database2.  Search for something.3.  Records>Sort Records.... Expected Result:Should open linked database, and a dialog box will appear with items to sort by. Actual Result:Software crashes. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:none.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro 8.5.2 crash when sorting
          TSGal

amcreatives:

Thank you for your post.

I am running FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 on an iMac with OS X 10.5.6 and not encountering this problem.  Let's try a few things.

Create a new database file with one table and one field.  Enter a few records and sort.  Does this crash?  If not, then perform a find and sort.  Does this crash?

If either method crashes, then something within the application is causing the crash.  Uninstall and reinstall FileMaker Pro.

If the smaller works, but only the one file is having a problem, then it might be a corrupt file.  Close the file, pull down the File menu and select "Recover..."  Select the file in question and let it default to <filename> Recovered.fp7.  When finished, open the Recovered file and try the same steps to make it crash.  Does this work?

Let me know how this works before I know which further path I need to take.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.