2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2010 10:59 PM by adhelp

filemaker pro 9.0.3 will not open on my powerbook g4

adhelp

Summary

filemaker pro 9.0.3 will not open on my powerbook g4

Description of the issue

can anyone tell me why my filemaker pro 9.0.3 program will not open everytime I try to use it?  Whenever I click on the program, the icon shows up at the bottom of the desktop bouncing and then "poof" it disappears.  Does anyone know why this would happen?  

• 1. Re: filemaker pro 9.0.3 will not open on my powerbook g4
          JohnDuncan

Try repairing disk permissions (Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility).  If that doesn't work try logging in as a different user and see if it fails (you may need to build another user account to try this).  If it works for the other user account then it is probably corrupted preferences in the original account.  Log back in as the original user and delete the preference file located at /Users/<youraccount>/Library/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro 9.0A Prefs

You should also be sure that your OS is up to the latest.  You didn't mention what version but 10.4.11 or 10.5.8 were the final versions of those.

If none of the above solve it I suggest de-installing and re-installing FileMaker Pro 9.  You can find further instructions in FileMaker's knowledgebase