6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2009 10:22 AM by rscomm

Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 update causes 'Entry Point Not Found' error

rscomm

Summary

Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 update causes 'Entry Point Not Found' error

Description of the issue

I recently installed the version 3 update for Filemaker Pro Advanced and now I get an error when I open my database directly.  The error I receive is as follows: Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced.exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point ?FindEndOfParagraph@XText@@QBEKK@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library XText.dll. Any solutions to correct this problem

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 update causes 'Entry Point Not Found' error
          TSGal

rscomm:

Thank you for your post.

Thinking there might be a problem with the Windows installation, I just installed FileMaker Pro Advanced 10 onto my Windows XP machine without an incident, so it appears the updater did not work properly for you.  Did you have the application on a driver other than the root drive (drive C: ) ?   Although I would like to duplicate the problem, let's assume the updater failed.  Uninstall FileMaker Pro 10, reinstall FileMaker Pro 10, and run the updater again.  Is there any change?  If not, please let me know more about your system (OS version, other applications running, drive where application is installed, etc.).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 update causes 'Entry Point Not Found' error
            rscomm

TSGal:

Thanks for your response.

I am operating on Microsoft Windows Vista.   I originally purchased Filemaker Pro Advanced 9.0 and then upgraded to Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.0.   When I installed FMPA 10 any databases would only open in 9.0 (some sample databases wouldn't work in 10.0 so I kept both on my computer).  In order to get the databases to open I renamed FMPA to "Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced" and used it as the default program when opening a filemaker database.   When I installed the first update (v2) I had no problems opening up the databases.   When I installed the v3 I received the above error.   I uninstalled FMPA and reinstalled the original version followed by the update.  The error again reoccured.  I again made the new program file (Filemaker Pro Advanced) as the default file.  Error continues to occur.  

The program is on a single computer and is installed on the default site- c:\program files\filemaker\filemaker pro advanced\

Hopefully this helps you to find a solution.

Thanks

rscomm

• 3. Re: Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 update causes 'Entry Point Not Found' error
              TSGal

rscomm:

Thank you for the additional information.  I have access to a Windows Vista Business machine, and this is what I have done:

1. I went into Control Panel, selected Programs -> Uninstall a program, selected FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced and clicked "Uninstall".

2. I inserted the FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced CD and installed the application to the default C: drive.

3. I downloaded the updater from the FileMaker website and ran the updater.

4. I launched FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced, and it started up without a problem.

Do you have access to another Windows Vista machine?  If so, for testing purposes, could you install on that machine and see if it runs?  If so, then use the updater and see if you are able to update the application.  If so, launch the new copy of FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced.  Does this work?

Please keep me posted.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 update causes 'Entry Point Not Found' error
                rscomm

Greetings:

I think in correct in saying that this might be a Windows Vista - Filemaker compatibility problem.

I uninstalled FMPA 10.

I reinstalled FMPA 10v1

I did not install the update.

I opened FMPA directly and opened my database from there - no problem.

I then tried to open my database but it could not find FMPA as the default program.

I tried to open by browsing to FMPA - would not open.

I tried to open the database by using "Open with" - would not open.

FMPA does not appear as an optional program in the Open With popup window.

It appears to me that the install does not setup the program properly with my Vista Ultimate.

Any suggestions?

• 5. Re: Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 update causes 'Entry Point Not Found' error
                  rscomm

TSGal:

I found the problem!

I have FMPA9 and FMPA10 installed on my computer.   When I renamed 'Filemaker9 Pro Advanced' to 'FM9 Pro Avanced' I can now direct all the files to open with FMPA10 with no difficulty.  The files obviously gets confused with the two programs.

Thanks for your help.

rscomm

• 6. Re: Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 update causes 'Entry Point Not Found' error
                    rscomm

Note:

By the way, I also had to change the exe file name from 'Filemaker Pro Advanced' to 'Filemaker10 Pro Advanced' in order for it to work.  Strange, but it now works.

Thanks again.