2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2009 10:07 AM by jaredfrisby

FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 Updater bug

jaredfrisby

Summary

FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 Updater bug

Description of the issue

The updater for FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 seems to search all attached volumes for files related to old versions of FileMaker. That's great and all, except that my system is attached to a 10TB SAN over fibre channel. The installation has been going for over 30 minutes, and the screen still reads "Items remaining to be installed: 17886. Searching: [SAN volume]." The progress indicator is still in motion, so the installer hasn't locked up. I can understand that the installer might need to search for old versions of files, but I think that the lack of a timeout or an option to exclude volumes (especially fibre channel / network volumes) from the search classifies as a bug.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 Updater bug
          TSGal

jaredfrisby:

Thank you for your post.

The updater first checks the local drive for the application.  If not found, then the updater checks any attached and mounted network drives.  This is as designed.

Prior to running the updater, unmount any network drives where the application does not exist.  This will help speed up the time.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 Updater bug
            jaredfrisby

Hi TSGal,

Thank you for your reply. That makes sense. Unfortunately, Xsan automatically mounts fibre channel volumes, so unmounting drives is not an option. It took around 40 minutes, but the updater was finally able to install. The update is great, though, and worth the installation hassle.

Thanks,

Jared