1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 7:23 AM by Steve Wright

FileMaker Pro Advanced 11 Error

thatguyuk

Summary

FileMaker Pro Advanced 11 Error

Description of the issue

I get this error when trying to run applescript built from a calculation field. "A """ can't go after this identifier" I am running OS 10.6.3 and Filemaker Pro Advanced 11, and have found the issue to be related to the tell reference. For example if I use some code from a previous bug post. "tell application \"Adobe InDesign CS3\"¶tell document 1¶set NumberofPages to count of pages¶end tell¶end tell¶tell application \"FileMaker Pro\"¶ set contents of field \"NoPages\" of table \"Working\" to NumberofPages¶   *** THIS LINE HAS ERROR IN FMA *** end tell¶" This fails with the message mentioned, yet if I run it like the example shown below "tell application \"Adobe InDesign CS3\"¶tell document 1¶set NumberofPages to count of pages¶end tell¶end tell¶tell application \"FileMaker Pro Advanced\"¶ set contents of field \"NoPages\" of table \"Working\" to NumberofPages¶   *** THIS LINE HAS ERROR IN FMA *** end tell¶" This works, and all i have done is to add the word Advanced to the tell. This would be the end of it, if was not for the fact that I write databases in Advanced, but deploy my databased on filemaker pro versions, until recently I was using 9.0v3 and I did not have this issue at all and was wondering if there is anything that can be done to resolve this.