FileMaker Pro and GO execute same script with different results

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

GO 1.2.2 and Pro 11.0v3

Operating system version

OS X 10.6

Description of the issue

A simple script kicked off with a field trigger executes differently in Pro and GO. The problem is primarily one of usability. On either version of GO, the script ends with a field open for editing, and hence a substantial chunk of the data obliterated by the keyboard or input scroller. When run on Pro, no field is opened for editing. This would be the preferred outcome on GO as well.

Fuller details can be found in my posts at http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/3c8fe39c74

Steps to reproduce the problem

Modify a relationship key field by direct editing and then use a field-level script trigger to run the following script:

Commit Records/Requests

Freeze Window

Go to Related Record [ From table: “ShowReports by Show”; Using layout: ] [ Show only related records ]

Sort Records [ Specified Sort Order: ShowReports::Date; ascending ShowReports::Unit 1 start; ascending ] [ Restore; No dialog ]

Go to Record/Request/Page [ Last ]

Set Field [ Environment::gReportsLastViewed; Get ( LayoutName ) ] )

Expected result

A new set of records is presented, related to the modified key field. They are sorted correctly, and the last record is displayed. NO field is open for editing.

Actual result

A new set of records is presented, related to the modified key field. They are sorted correctly, and the last record is displayed. The first editable field in the tab order is open for editing.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None.

Workaround

> If I create a button to modify the relationship key field through the use of a custom dialog, and then kick of the script with the new value in place, no problems. This is not a great solution, since it requires me to type in the project name on the weeny iPhone keyboard, rather than select it from a list.

> I empty the tab order entirely. However, then I lose the ability to use Next and Previous when editing in GO, and use of the tab key when editing in Pro.

> NEW: Use a pop-up list instead of a drop-down. (Perhaps this narrows the source of the issue somewhat.)

The problem seems to be related to use of OnObjectModify (or OnObjectSave) in GO that triggers a jump to the next field, and that trigger persists through an entire script, even through multiple Commits (I've tried it by adding a final Commit to the script). Note that this happens even if all options to "go to next field using" are deselected for the key field.