Filemaker Pro Crashes When Attempting to Enable Instant Web Publishing

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

10.0v3

Operating system version

Mac OSX 10.6.8

Description of the issue

I've been attempting to enable Instant Web Publishing for our database but every time I click 'OK' in the IWP window to set it up, FileMaker crashes. No error messages, just a crash.

I've done everything that has been suggested in other posts (startup in 'Safe' mode, reinstall, switching ports, etc.) but nothing has worked.

I did a search to see if I had other, earlier versions of FMP on my computer as that was also a suggestion but there are none.

This is time sensitive as I'm going to be working from home starting April 1st and need access!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Bruce

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro Crashes When Attempting to Enable Instant Web Publishing
          TSGal

Bruce Johnson:

Thank you for your post.

Try creating a new user account, login to the new user account, launch FileMaker Pro 10 and create a new database file with one table and one text field.  Then, go into Sharing and try turning on Instant Web Publishing, and click OK.  If that works, then go back into Sharing via Instant Web Publishing, select the database file, set access for All users, and click OK.  If both of these work, then we know FileMaker Pro is installed correctly.  If either fail, then reinstall FileMaker Pro.

Return to your original user account, and create a new database file with one table and one Text field.  Turn on Instant Web Publishing and click OK.  If this works, go back into Sharing -> Instant Web Publishing, select the file, and set access for All Users and click OK.  If this fails, the issue is in the current user account.  If this works, then the issue is with the original database file.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.