1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2009 10:45 AM by philmodjunk

FileMaker Pro Crashing

boiler1

Summary

FileMaker Pro Crashing

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 10.0v1, (01/07/2009) FileMaker Server 10Operating System(s) involved:Win XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3  Detailed description of the issue:Bug in FileMaker? When I Drag and Click on part of a text string in a Text Field it bombs out on me. The text of the Bug Report is automatically saved in my hard disk by Microsoft in the C:\Documents and Settings\User2\Local Settings\Temp but is then deleted by Windows (presumably for their Quality Programme).I tried recreating the Bug, here is the transcript: (available offline, as it's too long)Also when I hold down the Shift Button and press the Up Arrow.29/09/2009 When you re-launch FileMaker afterwards, it doesn't let you edit the Record, as it's locked from the previous session. Only after waiting a couple of minutes and restarting, it lets me back into my 'own' records.01/10/2009 I now (think) I found the key combination that causes FileMaker to bunk out: if I press Ctrl+Shift+Left Arrow (the combination to select text to the left of the cursor) it happens. I pressed Debug (one of the options that I get in the Error Message ComBox, but it only switched to Intenet Explorer, without actually opening any url. It then disapeared from my desktop = closed down.12/10/2009 You can try it yourself: select some text from bottom to top; when you press SHIFT+Up Arrow, it will not go past a soft carriage return, so don't release the SHIFT button only the Up Arrow Key and instead press the Left Arrow key. This is when it happens. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Create a database2.  Verify in File > Manage > Accounts and Privileges > Edit Privilege Set, that the proper Privilege Sets have access to FileMaker Network (fmapp)3.  Upload the database to FileMaker Server4.  Launch FileMaker Pro on a client machine5.  Go to File > Open Remote and click on the Server IP address Expected Result:The hosted databases will appear in the Open Remote window Actual Result:No databases appear in the Open Remote window Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:1.  I have verified that port 5003 is open on the 'problem' Mac machines via Network Utility > port scan2.  I tried hosting a database from a FileMaker Pro app and still came across this issue3.  I have no problem accessing these files via Instant Web Publishing 

• 1. Re: FileMaker Pro Crashing
          philmodjunk

I'm using FMP Advance 10.03 on Windows XP SP3, FMS 10.02 on Windows server 2008.

I click in the bottom of a text field with text entered into it and press Shift-Up Arrow to select all of the first line and part of the second. I then press the left arrow key while keeping the shift key down.

No crash occurs.

Your detailed steps section does not appear to match your brief description.

Have you tried this with a brand new file? Perhaps your file is damaged. Test a recovered copy and see if that fixes it. If so, replace your damaged file with an undamaged backup. (Don't use the recovered copy unless you have no other alternative.)