Filemaker Pro looses ability to interact with menus and run scripts

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

v2

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.6.8

Description of the issue

Filemaker Pro looses its ability to interact with any menu driven functionality or keyboard shortcuts.  Will not run scripts, run menu commands.  File -> Quit Filemaker Pro is grayed out, requires a Force Quit and restart.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Cannot reliably reproduce, although any time this occurs I look in the console and see the following:

10/16/12 10:15:16 AM     FileMaker Pro[44022]     *** Assertion failure in -[FMXApplicationMenu itemAtIndex:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1038.36/Menus.subproj/NSMenu.m:779
      10/16/12 10:15:16 AM     FileMaker Pro[44022]     Invalid parameter not satisfying: (index >= 0) && (index < [_itemArray count])

Expected result

Filemaker works

Actual result

Filemaker doesn't work

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

10/16/12 10:15:16 AM     FileMaker Pro[44022]     *** Assertion failure in -[FMXApplicationMenu itemAtIndex:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1038.36/Menus.subproj/NSMenu.m:779
      10/16/12 10:15:16 AM     FileMaker Pro[44022]     Invalid parameter not satisfying: (index >= 0) && (index < [_itemArray count])

Configuration information

I have checked my end user boxes for the above console error and cannot find anything when this occurs.  Happens more frequently for some users, although all users are using same version of FMP and Mac OS.

Workaround

Force Quit and restart