Filemaker Pro Server Yosemite

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Filemaker Server 3.05

Operating system version

Yosemite 10.10.1

Description of the issue

Reporting using (127.0.0.1) port Licensing conflict when using bonded ethernet interface is used.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Bonded ethernet interface.

Workaround

uninstall, and reinstall Filemaker server with single Ethernet interface.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro Server Yosemite
          TSGal

Arne Heier:

Thank you for your post.

We are currently tracking FileMaker Server 13.0v5 issue under Mac OS X 10.10.1 with personalized license keys encountering a license key conflict with itself.  The workaround is to re-enter the license information into Admin Console, but if you restart the machine, the issue appears again.

I have attached your post to the original report, including your workaround.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro Server Yosemite
            CS8

We have the same issue with FileMaker Server 13.0v5 under OS X 10.10.1. FileMaker Server won't survive a reboot and is reporting license conflict with 127.0.0.1.

Regards

• 3. Re: Filemaker Pro Server Yosemite
              TSGal

CS8:

Thank you for your post.

I have attached your post to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Filemaker Pro Server Yosemite
                RickWhitelaw

I also ran into the license conflict. I brought up Admin Console on a laptop on my LAN and attempted to re-enter the license code. No dice. Console hung and I wasn't even able to log out. I opened the AC locally on the server machine and it accepted the code instantly. Problem solved. But here's the interesting part. Shortly after doing this I had a power failure in my area. Of course the machine rebooted. FMS is working fine and I didn't need to re-enter the license.

I have no idea what caused the original license conflict since I changed nothing.

• 5. Re: Filemaker Pro Server Yosemite
                  TSGal

Rick Whitelaw:

Thank you for your post.  I have attached your observations to the original report.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Filemaker Pro Server Yosemite
                    @All: 

To resolve the FileMaker Server 13.0v5 and Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite license key conflict issue even after a restart, the Computer's name and the FileMaker Server name should be made the same.

Computer name is located  > System Preferences > Sharing

FileMaker Server gets its name during the deployment, so from the Admin Console choose "Server" (top left) > Edit Deployment and run through deployment again.

If the Computer's name and the FileMaker Server's name are made the same, then the computer can now be restarted and the license key conflict will not reoccur. 

TSFalcon
                    FileMaker, Inc.
                    • 7. Re: Filemaker Pro Server Yosemite
                      @All: 

A slight correction because redeploying will not give the option to change the FileMaker Server's name. That window only appears on first deployment. After first deployment, the easiest way to change the FileMaker Server's name is in the Admin Console:

General Settings > Server Information (tab) > Server name: (change name) > Click "Save" (bottom right)

TSFalcon
                      FileMaker, Inc.
                      • 8. Re: Filemaker Pro Server Yosemite
                        TSGal

All:

This issue has now been documented in Knowledge Base Article #14127:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14127

TSGal
                        FileMaker, Inc.