1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2009 3:59 PM by smower

FileMaker Pro Type Library Path for Active X automation

smower

Summary

FileMaker Pro Type Library Path for Active X automation

Description of the issue

Hello, I am using some script debugger tools to help write vbscript code to talk to FileMaker.  These programs need help finding the type library for FileMaker pro.  They need the path to the FileMaker Pro type library and I am not sure what it is? Would someone be so kind and friendly as to let me know the exact path to the FMPro70Lib? I am using Windows XP Professional SP3. Thanks in advance!Shawn

• 1. Re: FileMaker Pro Type Library Path for Active X automation
          smower

Good News,

PrimalScript tech support just downloaded an evaluation copy of FileMaker and did some troubleshooting on this issue.

They discovered that FileMaker does not properly register a type library for all their progids. It only registers it for FMPRO70.FMPRO70

You can manually associate a type library with a progid in PrimalScript going into Tools->Options->Text Editor->Type Libraries.
          Click New to create New ProgID and enter the ProgID field as FMPro.Application and the type library path should be the path to your FileMaker executable like this "C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced\FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe"

After saving your changes, this results in PrimalSense picking up this information as it would if the type library would be correctly installed and registered in the first place.